Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

URL?

jayqc

@[SB:

> Damian666 link=topic=49921.msg519518#msg519518 date=1249891972]
> the default system does work with a url mate.

I thought it needed a fix? 2.8 might have fixed it. Might have been TE that didn't work or didn't have it.

Stop ~~currecting~~ correcting  me!

If you're using MIDI files and you're on Windows XP, go to the bottom right of the Task Bar and double-click on the Volume icon. The Master Volume controls should come up. The SW Synth volume may be muted or so low that no sound emits from it. Move it up a little bit, and then close the Master Volume controls. That may be preventing you from hearing MIDI files.

When I play  a music or a sound effect, a message appears saying that the path Url is wrong or that i dont have the codec required to play it. But if i go on the client/sfx or music file  I can listen to it via windows media. Do I need something like quick time player to play it or something like it to make it play in game.

Well, if you already have the files in your Music and SFX folders, then simply open up the mapeditor with "/mapeditor." After that, hit the Properties button and then there should be an option to choose music for the current map. Select it, apply the changes, and then save the map. That should work.