Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WIP Graphics im working on [9-15-09]

Zarnick123

this is just more of a way to show what im doing… to show im not just sitting around eating chips all day. but its also an early preview of a game and its a way to get people who like my graphics to get excited. im sorry. i should have explained this in the first post

@[G2D:

> Devogen link=topic=51520.msg541392#msg541392 date=1252359329]
> I think the main problem is your trying to match the horrible default GUI with your game. Ignore
> the GUI zarnick and make some nice graphics, perhaps one day miguu will let you add a proper GUI to match the game.

Um… he can change the GUI to his own free will. It's not permanent. When I programmed PV, I made sure people could customize. I am not sure if that statement was an attack directed towards my awful programming skills.

I think the top of the platforms are too 3d. The need to be flattened a bit to make it look like a platform.

The mario looking platforms are, somehow floating? But if they are supposed to be on the platforms then make it be able to see the bases.

Try shading everything. You have a the mario looking platoforms shaded while the grey ones aren't and look like they've been drawn with the oval tool in paint.

What are those lines for? Are they showing depth? They should be a bit more inconspicous. So you don't notice them as much.

The bridge. It doesn't look like it's attached to the ground so it could be blown away any time. Try showing it being bolted to the ground or have something else connecting it to the ground.

The background. Why have a single coloured background? Try adding clouds. If its a cartoonish game, draw faces on the clouds like in mario.

It lacks detail. Why would you play a game which is just travelling across a plain field? It gives something to look at while playing so you can attach even more cartoonish things to the trees. Such as eyes or faces.

If the ground is going to be the ground, try colouring it in in a ground colour such as ochre or brown. Why have grey ground. I mean, why paint the sky yellow. Same reason as that. There is no reason. So try colouring everything the colour it's meant to be.

Enjoy my criticism.