Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Game System?

greenkid

@Goddie:

As for accessories, each of the 3 main consoles today all use USB, too, except for things like controllers. That was only one example of an accessory slot popularly used. That's not counting any other hardware that could be run.

Regarding ability, that may be so about the operating system, but the PC still pushes out better performance, in my opinion. Playing Fallout 3 on the 360 then the computer is much different. Textures are much more clear and loading times are much shorter on the PC. Regardless that the OS PC's run are technically inferior for gaming, consoles still can't output the kind of performance a PC can.

And yeah, I suppose that is true about potential. You can mod your console for a lot of capabilities. It's admittedly much easier to adapt a PC, since they were made to be customized, but it's not impossible to expand on them.

And touché. Bugginess is indeed present in the PC world. Never going to deny that. Consoles have bugs, too, but even the Red Ring of Death isn't as much a pain as the thousands of things that can kill a PC.

So it really depends on what you are looking for as criteria for what makes the "best" gaming rig. Of those 4, though, I feel like a decent gaming PC has a lot more to offer. That doesn't mean PCs are flawless (far from it), but they satisfy all my gaming needs with very little adaptation needed.

@Draken:

> my fav system of all time is the sega dreamcast IDK why i just love that system

I loved it too, but damn was it a failure. xD Hated the controller, though. N64 controllers all the way. ;D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ballie:

> As for accessories, each of the 3 main consoles today all use USB, too, except for things like controllers. That was only one example of an accessory slot popularly used. That's not counting any other hardware that could be run.

Plugging in an USB-device doesn't cause problems on a console though :icon_nif:.

@Ballie:

> Regarding ability, that may be so about the operating system, but the PC still pushes out better performance, in my opinion. Playing Fallout 3 on the 360 then the computer is much different. Textures are much more clear and loading times are much shorter on the PC. Regardless that the OS PC's run are technically inferior for gaming, consoles still can't output the kind of performance a PC can.

My Wii outperforms my Windows Seven box while the same box running Linux Ubuntu outperforms my Wii.

@Ballie:

> And yeah, I suppose that is true about potential. You can mod your console for a lot of capabilities. It's admittedly much easier to adapt a PC, since they were made to be customized, but it's not impossible to expand on them.

I am actually going to take a [step](http://cgi.ebay.nl/mini2440-S3C2440-ARM9-Board-7-TFT-LCD-Camera-Wi-Fi_W0QQitemZ110449463312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b74d1010) further than ordinary PCs and basically I don't care about whether it is a Wii, a PC or a calculator, as long as I can disassemble and program for/on them, it's fine for me.

@Ballie:

> So it really depends on what you are looking for as criteria for what makes the "best" gaming rig. Of those 4, though, I feel like a decent gaming PC has a lot more to offer. That doesn't mean PCs are flawless (far from it), but they satisfy all my gaming needs with very little adaptation needed.

Funnily enough I don't use any piece of hardware for gaming but for programming purposes instead. Besides, if I play games I prefer to play classics and old school games instead of those modern, 3D and power-consuming games, so at the end it doesn't matter what kind of electrical appliance I use. Even ignoring that fact, I don't really feel that I could say that one of those four consoles is the best, especially since I don't game anymore.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 2 weeks later...
X Box 360  has always been my favorite next gen system.  It just seems to have a tap on what its fans want.  Nintendo just doesn't cover everything I want in a gaming system.  Playstation is slowly earning my interest, but it is mainly in the blue ray.