Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My World Map [WIP]

perikles184

• 3 weeks later...
@Keebler:

> It is a nice map. But i am not a fan of random blood spots or any other design that covers a map and takes away from the actual idea of seeing the whole world.

I love darker spots though, like what you get when you spill coffee or something similar, but I also like those old-looking borders. The blood doesn't look it is dry though, it still looks fresh. I wonder if this was the intention or not?

Regards,
  Godlord.

I doubt it would take hours, unless the blood was really bad at clotting. I am glad some of you like it, it took too long for this kind of result.

The blood, is kind of supposed to look fresh, but I think in the final map it will be dried and crinkly dark. Thanks for all the feedback.

@Stapled:

> I doubt it would take hours, unless the blood was really bad at clotting. I am glad some of you like it, it took too long for this kind of result.
>
> The blood, is kind of supposed to look fresh, but I think in the final map it will be dried and crinkly dark. Thanks for all the feedback.

It's a fact actually. It depends on the quantity, the temperature and how it is distributed, like every liquid actually.

Regards,
  Godlord.

First of all, I'd like to comment that it actually does look like a map. It's not too boxish and straight or too jagged. It does look like it could be a realistic land mass.

The blood, though, does look a bit off, for two reasons, I believe. Firstly, it's a different color than the font. It's likely due to the fact that there's opacity on the graphical one, where it's solid on the font. Makes them look like two separate entities (which they are, but you don't want it to look that way). Secondly, it's dark colored, like it's wet, but flat, like it's dry. Its appearance is of a stain, but is colored wrong to be so. It doesn't look liquid, but it doesn't look dry. It's kind of floating in the middle.

And there are blood splatters because? I'm sorry but it just doesn't flow with the map. Especially since there is no AA on the blood. The outer stroke (or drop shadow) on the land is making the image feel seperated. Another flow issue. I would just take out the blood (or set it to overlay or vivid light at a low opacity) and put a really low opacity drop shadow on the land.

@slym:

> And there are blood splatters because? I'm sorry but it just doesn't flow with the map. Especially since there is no AA on the blood. The outer stroke (or drop shadow) on the land is making the image feel seperated. Another flow issue. I would just take out the blood (or set it to overlay or vivid light at a low opacity) and put a really low opacity drop shadow on the land.

There are blood splatters because of the genre of my game. The 'drop shadow' is actually the coastline, which I haven't finished yet, and the layer style of the blood is already said to vivid light.

And to all, I did say it was W.I.P ;)