Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO2 Night and Day system and Time

Scratso

Is it possible to make an EO2 game have a Night and Day system where it will switch to night after, lets say, 30 minutes and switch back to day after, maybe, 15 minutes? And I would like for it to be Server-centered – IE, everyone sees nights and days at exactly the same time when logged on. Would this be possible?

If it is, please help me to accomplish this and not just say "yes".

> Here you are good sir.
>
>  
>
>  
>
> [http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129374-dx7-daynight-system/](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129374-dx7-daynight-system/)

Options.DayNight = 1 **‘New** part
    SaveOptions
    Else
    LoadOptions
    End If
    If Options.DayNight = 0 Then ‘New
    frmServer.Label8.Visible = False **‘New**

It expects an end of statement on the top and bottom line there. The bits that were highlighted are marked in **bold**.

Public Sub CacheResources(ByVal mapNum As Long)
    Dim x As Long, y As Long, Resource_Count As Long
    Resource_Count = 0

For x = 0 To Map(mapNum).MaxX
        For y = 0 To Map(mapNum).MaxY

If Map(mapNum).Tile(x, y).Type = TILE_TYPE_RESOURCE Then
                Resource_Count = Resource_Count + 1
                ReDim Preserve ResourceCache(mapNum).ResourceData(0 To Resource_Count)
                ResourceCache(mapNum).ResourceData(Resource_Count).x = x
                ResourceCache(mapNum).ResourceData(Resource_Count).y = y
**                ResourceCache(mapNum).ResourceData(Resource_Count).cur_health = Resource(Map(mapNum).Tile(x, y).Data1).health**
            End If

Next
    Next

ResourceCache(mapNum).Resource_Count = Resource_Count
End Sub

**Bold **for highlight.

> This might be a silly question, but did you remember to delete all your maps?  I don't remember 100%, but I think this adds something to the map file, so you have to delete them for it to work.  Try making a backup, then deleting all your maps and seeing if it works then.

I didn't see that on the tutorial but I'll try anyway.

> This might be a silly question, but did you remember to delete all your maps?  I don't remember 100%, but I think this adds something to the map file, so you have to delete them for it to work.  Try making a backup, then deleting all your maps and seeing if it works then.

It worked! Thank you :D It wasn't a silly question cause I never knew you had to reset the maps. Thanks again :D

For future reference, if you tamper with the data that's saved for anything you may need to delete your old versions of said data or it will cause issues like this. The engine will blindly ASSUME the right data is in the right place, and read what it wants. However this does not always work out as intended.

> For future reference, if you tamper with the data that's saved for anything you may need to delete your old versions of said data or it will cause issues like this. The engine will blindly ASSUME the right data is in the right place, and read what it wants. However this does not always work out as intended.

For example, if something was to mess with player data the same would apply as this? Ok, I understand.