Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Discovery of water on the moon

Yeah, I saw it in the news yesterday. I do not know what it could mean but it sure is important.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Maybe there is something hiding deep into the moon.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Having water would make establishing a base there more feasible. With water you can produce both oxygen and hyrdrogen, for fuel and breathing. Good first step. Also with water present you can establish hyrdoponics for food production as well. There would still be quite an investment of capital to get something established but it helps not having to transport all the fuel and water.

@Empress:

> it means that life might have existed on the moon, Water = Life Life = Others…

That's doubtful, just because there is the compound doesn't mean it was in any condition to support life at the time; especially considering the moon has acted as a meteor shield during the earlier eras of the planet's development.

@Anna:

> That's doubtful, just because there is the compound doesn't mean it was in any condition to support life at the time; especially considering the moon has acted as a meteor shield during the earlier eras of the planet's development.

yeah, ik, they need more, but its a start.

@slym:

> http://www.examiner.com/x-5181-Jackson-Weather-Examiner~y2009m11d13-NASA–discovers-water-on-the-moon
>
> So this means what?

Doesn't mean anything, from a distance the photos they have been taking are accually years older. To find out if there truely is life you would have to go there yourself, or get closer in a spaceshuttle.

Don't get me wrong, there is life out there, I just dont think that that tiny floating rock has it.

NOTE: There are millions apon billions of other planets/galaxies out there and the universe is constantly expanding and growing, so you gotta think there is life out there, maybe not intellegent or maybe way smarter, but its out there.

@Xeross:

> So this is only useful if the astronauts run out of water…

Shiping water to the moon in quanities that can last longer than landing, collecting samples and taking off mission is impossible/too expensive. From what I heard they are trying to develop a way of processing fresh water from that moon ice and they already stated that there might be a moon colony somewhere in 2024\. I belive that space colonisation is an awesome idea and it's sad that nobody payed attention to it for such a long time.

I believe there is life on the 8th moon of Saturn, like someone above mentioned.

It has clean liquid water (almost pure H2O), good pressure and I think that even one of our fishes could survive a few minutes or maybe even hours on that environment (~few kilometers under the ice surface).

Edit: 'Florensia' was the one who mentioned it.

Comments,

@defendersdef:

> this might expalain where we came from. (exept from single celled organizems) like where did those things come from cause honestly i dont belive we came out of nowhere. something had to create us

H2O(L) + Heat energy + minerals + Good atmosphere (pressure, etc) = Life.
Or using magic: sacrifice a life to make another :P

Well most of the compounds came from the 'Big Bang'. Mostly Hydrogen and Lithium I believe. The rest came after some million years with supernovas and such. Or maybe carbon was created on the first 5 mins. Well I forgot :S

Comments,