Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The City

Drummerpete

As you all know (or should anyway ;-d) I am trying to work on a Zombie-based MMO.

My problem is actually creating the game.

The engine would need a lot of editing, custom graphics are a must, there would be a lot of scripting involved for some of the plans I have.

I do have a lot of plans and a lot of ideas.

So I was wondering if anyone wants to collaborate with me on this?

@Pete!:

> As you all know (or should anyway ;-d) I am trying to work on a Zombie-based MMO.
>
> My problem is actually creating the game.
>
> The engine would need a lot of editing, custom graphics are a must, there would be a lot of scripting involved for some of the plans I have.
>
> I do have a lot of plans and a lot of ideas.
>
> So I was wondering if anyone wants to collaborate with me on this?

Truely, it depends what you need, but I'll help if I can.

Im a pretty good mapper, recolors I can do, cant code/script.

(Recolors will be big here, if you have a human sprite, and you recolor, it can easily look zombie. Trim some hair, tear up the clothes. Done.)

Instead of what I can do, might say what I cant do too.

* Tiles
* Items (Exception to recoloring items, but if you want a perfect sword, cant do that)
* Sprites (Exception to recolor, but I cant do anything without a sprite outline to base on)
* Script/Source

Yet if Mapping and Recoloring (Or other tasks, needed for this game) is needed, then, i'll help.

(Yes I know its quite a lame offer, but better than no help at all.)

@Pete!:

> @Monkey:
>
> > Sorry, mistook what you ment for "Run"
> > (Yet I still dont get it… Plan out?)
>
> Plan, create, manage, etc..

Planning. Good at that :D
Considering I already have a few ideas on how to make this better from other Zombie games…

I can try Pete.

OK, so we'll have some safe citys, with barricades around them, but the rest of the citys have Zombies that roam at night, and...Different levels...Scientists buy zombie parts, which arent totally destroyed, the more valued ones at a lower rate....Money making technique...*Loading Plans*

Like I said, if Running = Planning, then sure.

if this wasnt being made with a VB6 engine, id be more than happy to hop aboard, but since it is, I'm highly skeptical. Convince me that this game will be better than most eclipse games, show me that you can get a great game in production, and Ill join.

@Monkey:

> @Bob:
>
> > @Monkey:
> >
> > > Sorry, mistook what you ment for "Run"
> > > (Yet I still dont get it… Plan out?)
> >
> > Plan, create, manage, etc..
>
> Planning. Good at that :D
> Considering I already have a few ideas on how to make this better from other Zombie games…
>
> I can try Bob Smith.
>
> OK, so we'll have some safe citys, with barricades around them, but the rest of the citys have Zombies that roam at night, and...Different levels...Scientists buy zombie parts, which arent totally destroyed, the more valued ones at a lower rate....Money making technique...*Loading Plans*
>
> Like I said, if Running = Planning, then sure.

That exactly what most zombie games are.

@Ddunit:

> @Monkey:
>
> > @Bob:
> >
> > > @Monkey:
> > >
> > > > Sorry, mistook what you ment for "Run"
> > > > (Yet I still dont get it… Plan out?)
> > >
> > > Plan, create, manage, etc..
> >
> > Planning. Good at that :D
> > Considering I already have a few ideas on how to make this better from other Zombie games…
> >
> > I can try Bob Smith.
> >
> > OK, so we'll have some safe citys, with barricades around them, but the rest of the citys have Zombies that roam at night, and...Different levels...Scientists buy zombie parts, which arent totally destroyed, the more valued ones at a lower rate....Money making technique...*Loading Plans*
> >
> > Like I said, if Running = Planning, then sure.
>
> That exactly what most zombie games are.

Yep, but theres no Zombie game without it.
Making a game special isnt taking away features, but its adding things in.

There was a dedicated WIP board, but it's hidden just now as this project was on hold.
Like I said, I can't pixel or program well, all I can do is plan and music.
As far as planning goes, all I have are hard copies, but when I get round to finalizing things, I'll add them online.

@Pete!:

> There was a dedicated WIP board, but it's hidden just now as this project was on hold.
> Like I said, I can't pixel or program well, all I can do is plan and music.
> As far as planning goes, all I have are hard copies, but when I get round to finalizing things, I'll add them online.

Well, I eagerly await those uploads. I can help with a few things, ranging from pixel art, to concept art, to websites, to techno music, lol.

until then, heres a quick 10 minute sketch:

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/e30bb3e44b492090416859dc74550177.png)

transparent version:
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/1fd884d2c4c1b105f19c6e6f0c158e1d.png)

@Pete!:

> I have a lot of plans that are a lot more in depth than yours are.
> The kind of planning I'm wanting are endless conversations of possibilities.

Did you plan for Player houses where Zombies randomly roam and you can buy barrricades to stop them?

And just wondering, what color are the zombies going to be? And what Dimensions?

@Monkey:

> Did you plan for Player houses where Zombies randomly roam and you can buy barrricades to stop them?
>
> And just wondering, what color are the zombies going to be? And what Dimensions?

Player houses have been planned, as well as zombie population within the city.
As for the sprites, it has not been decided.

I actually see player housing as a horrible Idea. I hate to say it, but most noobs with no development experience plan housing, as runescape has it. whats the point to it? why do you need a house in a game? I'd have you rethink it, but its also your game, lol… what did you think of the sketch I made on the last page?

@Pete!:

> The Sketch is good, I really like it.
>
> As for the player housing, it's more flats. You're going to need a safe place from the Zeds.
> It's not going to be easy though, you'll need a lot of money. ;D
>
> Also, I'm going to upload some notes I just wrote up.

Safe? It should be somewhat infested with Zombs.