Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 7

demon xxx x

@xrx526:

> find a version then?

Windows 1.0 was actually a program for MS-DOS, just like Windows 1.1, Windows 1.2, Windows 2.0, Windows 2.1, Windows 3.0, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98 and finally Windows ME and Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server Edition, Vista, 7 and 2008 Server Edition all still use MS-DOS for recovery purposes.

Also AmigaDOS rocks, or just plain DOS. MS-DOS is epic fail.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I had xp on my tower until september when it crashed to death. I installed 7 after that and it's been perfect. No bsods, turned the "extra security" off 'cause it's useless, ect.

I still keep xp on my laptop for older games.

My girlfriend, however, managed to triple boot xp, 7 and linux on her netbook, then didn't understand why two operating systems wouldn't load and the third ran like crap. (Seriously… it's a netbook. It's barely ment to run ONE operating system, much less three.)

@In7el3ct:

> I had xp on my tower until september when it crashed to death. I installed 7 after that and it's been perfect. No bsods, turned the "extra security" off 'cause it's useless, ect.
>
> I still keep xp on my laptop for older games.
>
> My Blowup Doll, however, managed to triple boot xp, 7 and linux on her netbook, then didn't understand why two operating systems wouldn't load and the third ran like crap. (Seriously… it's a netbook. It's barely ment to run ONE operating system, much less three.)

A netbook is supposed to run Linux + bash + telnet (or if you can 'afford' it: Firefox + Pidgin + X11 + random desktop environment).

Regards,
  Godlord.

Netbooks are designed to run xp (which is why they come with xp 90% of the time), basic internet, and not much else. Linux actually ran the slowest of the three.

But I'm getting off topic.

One of the things about windows 7 (and vista for that matter) that I just didn't understand was the UAC. All it does is ask you for the permission of everything. Most people don't even read what they're clicking (example: Licensing Agreements for software, UAC, ect.) and will just click allow anyways… it doesn't seem to add much "security" if you ask me. I turned it off within the first 5 minutes of booting up 7, and even then it yelled at me for another 15 minutes to turn it back on.

@In7el3ct:

> Netbooks are designed to run xp (which is why they come with xp 90% of the time), basic internet, and not much else. Linux actually ran the slowest of the three.

Hence why I said bash + telnet + Linux and not something like Linux Ubuntu, because GNOME might just be too heavy.

@In7el3ct:

> One of the things about windows 7 (and vista for that matter) that I just didn't understand was the UAC. All it does is ask you for the permission of everything. Most people don't even read what they're clicking (example: Licensing Agreements for software, UAC, ect.) and will just click allow anyways… it doesn't seem to add much "security" if you ask me. I turned it off within the first 5 minutes of booting up 7, and even then it yelled at me for another 15 minutes to turn it back on.

UNIX philosophy rip-off, like usual.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I've recently bought a new laptop because my old computer broke down, and my new laptop has Windows 7 on it. It's great! Everything runs really quickly and smoothly, and I don't have any problems with it. I don't know why some people have trouble getting Eclipse running on it; it's about the same as installing it on Windows XP with just one extra step: running the Eclipse ELI. So far, I haven't had any compatibility issues, so that's great as well. I don't have any complaints.