Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mirage Source?

Harris6310

Yup. Forums are gone. James bought the domain + forum database for $100 from Shan and ended up just taking the tutorials over to OGC and setting the domain to a redirect.

The source is still completely free though, so Evan could always just upload it here if he wanted. Fairly sure Dmitry and I got the License removed from William's MSE2 so we could work on MS4 and release it for free.

Not sure if we ever re-instated a license. xD

Can't remember exactly. He bought it before Christmas because Shan was wanting some quick cash for presents. He only set it as a redirect a couple of days ago I think.

Originally he just set me as admin and left it as it was, but no one was going to do anything with the source. xD

Ya I noticed. They have a cool blog now, good choice I think.

People in Mirage Source are actually too smart for themselves. I tried joining that community and failed right after I registered. There's no way a person with no source knowledge can survive there. lol

@Zamin:

> Ya I noticed. They have a cool blog now, good choice I think.
>
> People in Mirage Source are actually too smart for themselves. I tried joining that community and failed right after I registered. There's no way a person with no source knowledge can survive there. lol

Mirage always was for people to learn to program. It was something to build upon, not some feature-heavy jack of all trades. :P

The source was completely re-vamped and the best systems and features were all tutorialised on Mirage. If anyone ripped the systems from Mirage and fixed them into Eclipse it'd greatly improve it's performance.

Anyway, EO is built off the latest version Dmitry released so it'll have all the good stuff from Mirage as well as the collective talent of Rose, Jake, Lizzy and I. :P

• 4 weeks later...
Theres no license for MS4

you can rename it to engine, change the GUI, release as your own, and we'd be cool with it

while you're at it, see if you can pick up on some directdraw rendering techniques

Anyway, nobody seems to be claiming their page as the official home of Mirage, so i suppose thats free for me to do.

Mirage -> www.echostorms.net