Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need skilled people for big project

java

This is the right forum. I know the forum rules. I can recruit for a game not made with eclipse here.

**Invasion Point**

Hi, my name is Ollie. I am programming an MMORPG server in Java at the moment and so far it has progressed very very well. I am looking for up to 2 talented graphic artists.

Please be committed. I currently own the domain name Invasion Point, although it is not setup yet.

The game will be 2D, and there will be one large map. The map will be rendered seamlessly as players journey. This will be done by the maps being stored entirely on client-side and being loaded on seperate threads while the player journeys.

I don't exactly have a preferred graphics style; as long as it looks good. And the graphics go well together: not a random mix.

The game will be based in the web browser. The game will be planned as commercial. If we get up to the stage where we have paying users you will get money.

We won't rush production; it could go slowly. Before applying you must understand that this won't be released in the next few months.

Requirements:
-Age 16 or over
-Be completely committed.
-If graphics designer provide work examples (of graphics, not mapping)
-If programmer, specify if Java or actionscript. Also, you must have experience in networking.

**To apply pm me**
msn: panicitsollie @ hotmail.com
email: [email protected]

@Bone:

> Why the age limit?
> And Tribal is that you? Never knew you had so little posts.

I have many names, one of which was tribal. Read http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,56198.0.html

The age limit is solely because i plan to have it commercial in 2 years, and you must be 18 for lots of things.

Update: Decided to do client-side myself. Unless someone skilled PMs me before i begin on it. It will be an applet.

Edited for contextual purposes.

You may want to have each member check where they live. Some places have local policies that don't abide by the whole "18= adult" thing. For instance where I live I couldn't sign a contract until I was 19.

@java:

> @Bone:
>
> > Why the age limit?
> > And Tribal is that you? Never knew you had so little posts.
>
> I have many names, one of which was tribal. Read http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,56198.0.html
>
> The age limit is solely because i plan to have it commercial in 2 years, and you must be 18 for lots of things.
>
> Update: Decided to do client-side myself. Unless someone skilled PMs me before i begin on it. It will be an applet.

Hey java, Just started learning java, Can you teach me?
lol just umm  sayin' dat.
If i knew java, I'd help.

@Zetta:

> @Captain:
>
> > @Bone:
> >
> > > Why the age limit?
> > >
> > > And Tribal is that you? Never knew you had so little posts.
> >
> > I had the same question.
>
> Srsly gaiz, I started college at 15

15? I was doing grad research at 10.

@java:

> I've decided to close this project.
> Commited to other things at the moment

You make a thread in the wrong section asking for mature and commited members for the team… Then close it for another project.

Good luck getting people to take you seriously, with this hanging over your head. =[

@Azkanan:

> @java:
>
> > I've decided to close this project.
> > Commited to other things at the moment
>
> You make a thread in the wrong section asking for mature and commited members for the team… Then close it for another project.
>
> Good luck getting people to take you seriously, with this hanging over your head. =[

Seriously, what the heck..?

@Azkanan:

> @java:
>
> > I've decided to close this project.
> > Commited to other things at the moment
>
> You make a thread in the wrong section asking for mature and commited members for the team… Then close it for another project.
>
> Good luck getting people to take you seriously, with this hanging over your head. =[

I think that actually translates to "Nobody wanted to work with me". Just guessing.
@java:

> If we get up to the stage where we have paying users you will get money.

So what if you don't (didn't I guess, 'cause you canceled it) get to that point? The people who worked hard mapping, making graphics, programming etc. don't get paid for their work?

> So what if you don't (didn't I guess, 'cause you canceled it) get to that point? The people who worked hard mapping, making graphics, programming etc. don't get paid for their work?

Well seeing that this is the Eclipse community and most people work for free, it probably wouldn't matter.

@Munro:

> > So what if you don't (didn't I guess, 'cause you canceled it) get to that point? The people who worked hard mapping, making graphics, programming etc. don't get paid for their work?
>
> Well seeing that this is the Eclipse community and most people work for free, it probably wouldn't matter.

I guess, but he was looking for "the best of the best". Even that is a problem, cause the best of the best on eclipse are either working on SE, EE, some other big project, or are just wouldn't waste their time on this.

@Abraham:

> I smell something… what might it be? A FAIL MAYBEE?
> How I love those "I'm looking for the best of the best, my project is big and it will earn tons of money and it will go comercial".

No, you smelled me moving to a bigger project.
And who the hell are you? My entire 5 years on these forums (phpbb createforum included) i have never noticed you…

@Captain:

> YOUR FROM NEWZEALAND?
> LEDGEND?

Yep, Auckland.

@Azkanan:

>

How is it not mature for me to move to another project, and uncommited to move it? Another project means nothing for me, a server is a server. With gameplay changes included.

@Xavi:

> I think that actually translates to "Nobody wanted to work with me". Just guessing.

wrong

@java:

> If we get up to the stage where we have paying users you will get money.

I have made it clear that it was an if. Also, i was looking for people who were prepared to work for free, with the possibility of money. Not any other way.