Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classical Gas: Done right. By a 15 year old.

azkanan

Slow for the first minute or so, then he goes ape shizzle. Good shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFs0isI-pT4

I's now learning this song on my own guitar =D. It's… Interesting. I think it comes down to repetition and learning, rather than a "gift" for playing guitar.

@Pink!:

> As well as learning WHAT to play, you have to make sure you know HOW to play it.
> Fingerpicking isn't easy. ><

I fingerpick! And it's all repetition till you've learned it all.

say you're trying to do this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.

1… 2... 4... Oops, back to the start.
1... 2... 3... 4... 4... Oops, back to the start.

You get the idea. If your fingers are padded enough, you can learn alot in one day. Keep repeating till you get it right.

Chords, on the other hand, are a bitch. It's a strain to hold all the strings down hard enough, in the right place, for the right amount of time, and be able to switch to-and-fro of that chord fast enough.
I hate chords.

@Azkanan:

> @Pink!:
>
> > As well as learning WHAT to play, you have to make sure you know HOW to play it.
> > Fingerpicking isn't easy. ><
>
> I fingerpick! And it's all repetition till you've learned it all.
>
> say you're trying to do this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
>
> 1… 2... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> 1... 2... 3... 4... 4... Oops, back to the start.
>
> You get the idea. If your fingers are padded enough, you can learn alot in one day. Keep repeating till you get it right.
>
> Chords, on the other hand, are a Female Dog. It's a strain to hold all the strings down hard enough, in the right place, for the right amount of time, and be able to switch to-and-fro of that chord fast enough.
> I hate chords.

That my friend is called Practice. What you called repetition and learning is called Practice. There is no such thing as being born with a "gift" for playing guitar. No one picks up a guitar for the first time and shreds like an animal. It's just some people put way more dedication than others and learn and develop faster. Now there are some "physical gifts" which don't really influence your skill but makes it easier for you, for example, extremely long fingers. The rest is up to how willing are you to learn it. And of course, with practice you pick up techniches, which will build what people will call your "skill" to play guitar.

@Braiton:

> @Azkanan:
>
> > @Pink!:
> >
> > > As well as learning WHAT to play, you have to make sure you know HOW to play it.
> > > Fingerpicking isn't easy. ><
> >
> > I fingerpick! And it's all repetition till you've learned it all.
> >
> > say you're trying to do this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
> >
> > 1… 2... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> > 1... 2... 3... 4... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> >
> > You get the idea. If your fingers are padded enough, you can learn alot in one day. Keep repeating till you get it right.
> >
> > Chords, on the other hand, are a Female Dog. It's a strain to hold all the strings down hard enough, in the right place, for the right amount of time, and be able to switch to-and-fro of that chord fast enough.
> > I hate chords.
>
> That my friend is called Practice. What you called repetition and learning is called Practice. There is no such thing as being born with a "gift" for playing guitar. No one picks up a guitar for the first time and shreds like an animal. It's just some people put way more dedication than others and learn and develop faster. Now there are some "physical gifts" which don't really influence your skill but makes it easier for you, for example, extremely long fingers. The rest is up to how willing are you to learn it. And of course, with practice you pick up techniches, which will build what people will call your "skill" to play guitar.

And due to you having an axe in your avatar, I shall not refute that.

@Azkanan:

> @Braiton:
>
> > @Azkanan:
> >
> > > @Pink!:
> > >
> > > > As well as learning WHAT to play, you have to make sure you know HOW to play it.
> > > > Fingerpicking isn't easy. ><
> > >
> > > I fingerpick! And it's all repetition till you've learned it all.
> > >
> > > say you're trying to do this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
> > >
> > > 1… 2... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> > > 1... 2... 3... 4... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> > >
> > > You get the idea. If your fingers are padded enough, you can learn alot in one day. Keep repeating till you get it right.
> > >
> > > Chords, on the other hand, are a Female Dog. It's a strain to hold all the strings down hard enough, in the right place, for the right amount of time, and be able to switch to-and-fro of that chord fast enough.
> > > I hate chords.
> >
> > That my friend is called Practice. What you called repetition and learning is called Practice. There is no such thing as being born with a "gift" for playing guitar. No one picks up a guitar for the first time and shreds like an animal. It's just some people put way more dedication than others and learn and develop faster. Now there are some "physical gifts" which don't really influence your skill but makes it easier for you, for example, extremely long fingers. The rest is up to how willing are you to learn it. And of course, with practice you pick up techniches, which will build what people will call your "skill" to play guitar.
>
> And due to you having an axe in your avatar, I shall not refute that.

And due to you have a messed up triforce in your avatar, I shall refute that.

;D

@Ddunit:

> @Azkanan:
>
> > @Braiton:
> >
> > > @Azkanan:
> > >
> > > > @Pink!:
> > > >
> > > > > As well as learning WHAT to play, you have to make sure you know HOW to play it.
> > > > > Fingerpicking isn't easy. ><
> > > >
> > > > I fingerpick! And it's all repetition till you've learned it all.
> > > >
> > > > say you're trying to do this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
> > > >
> > > > 1… 2... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> > > > 1... 2... 3... 4... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> > > >
> > > > You get the idea. If your fingers are padded enough, you can learn alot in one day. Keep repeating till you get it right.
> > > >
> > > > Chords, on the other hand, are a Female Dog. It's a strain to hold all the strings down hard enough, in the right place, for the right amount of time, and be able to switch to-and-fro of that chord fast enough.
> > > > I hate chords.
> > >
> > > That my friend is called Practice. What you called repetition and learning is called Practice. There is no such thing as being born with a "gift" for playing guitar. No one picks up a guitar for the first time and shreds like an animal. It's just some people put way more dedication than others and learn and develop faster. Now there are some "physical gifts" which don't really influence your skill but makes it easier for you, for example, extremely long fingers. The rest is up to how willing are you to learn it. And of course, with practice you pick up techniches, which will build what people will call your "skill" to play guitar.
> >
> > And due to you having an axe in your avatar, I shall not refute that.
>
> And due to you have a messed up triforce in your avatar, I shall refute that.
>
> ;D

And due to the fact you removed your intriguingly arousing signature image, I shall refute that.

@Azkanan:

> @Braiton:
>
> > @Azkanan:
> >
> > > @Pink!:
> > >
> > > > As well as learning WHAT to play, you have to make sure you know HOW to play it.
> > > > Fingerpicking isn't easy. ><
> > >
> > > I fingerpick! And it's all repetition till you've learned it all.
> > >
> > > say you're trying to do this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
> > >
> > > 1… 2... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> > > 1... 2... 3... 4... 4... Oops, back to the start.
> > >
> > > You get the idea. If your fingers are padded enough, you can learn alot in one day. Keep repeating till you get it right.
> > >
> > > Chords, on the other hand, are a Female Dog. It's a strain to hold all the strings down hard enough, in the right place, for the right amount of time, and be able to switch to-and-fro of that chord fast enough.
> > > I hate chords.
> >
> > That my friend is called Practice. What you called repetition and learning is called Practice. There is no such thing as being born with a "gift" for playing guitar. No one picks up a guitar for the first time and shreds like an animal. It's just some people put way more dedication than others and learn and develop faster. Now there are some "physical gifts" which don't really influence your skill but makes it easier for you, for example, extremely long fingers. The rest is up to how willing are you to learn it. And of course, with practice you pick up techniches, which will build what people will call your "skill" to play guitar.
>
> And due to you having an axe in your avatar, I shall not refute that.

Believe me, i been around in the guitar world for a long time. I've seen many "gifted" childs, but behind that gift is a lot of effort and dedication. Most people expect to be able to play like a god after 1 or 2 months of playing with a 1 hour practice weekly. Like i said before, in the end it's about who takes it more seriously (and actually practices). Oh yeah, it also depends of what kind of teacher they have, or if they are self-taught.