Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Stats

Zetasis

By chance does anyone know how that stat system works in Eclipse Origins? I am slowly learning what each stat effects but it is taking some time so I thought I would ask. If not I will eventually figure it out but thanks to anyone who can help.  :cheesy:

Well if you have not decided on how exactly you are going to do the stats my I suggest something like this?

Strength : +HP, +Damage
Endurance : +Damage, +Critical Hit
Vitality : +HP, +HP Regen
Intelligence : +MP, +Magic Damage
Will : +MP, +Magic Damage,  +MP Regen
Spirit: +Magic Damage, +Critical Hit

Or for something a little less complex:

Strength : +Damage
Endurance : +HP
Vitality : +HP Regen
Intelligence : +MP
Will :  +Magic Damage
Spirit: +Mp Regen

IMO I think the first set would do more good when it comes to balancing things.

I was going to have it like this:

**Str:** Increases melee damage.
**End:** Increases block rate and reduces melee damage.
**Vit:** Increases HP & HP regen rate.
**Int:** Increases magic damage.
**Will:** Increases magic block rate and reduces magic damage. Can take more damage before casting of spells is interrupted.
**Spr:** Increases MP & MP regen rate.

I still think you have some overlap. Vitality and Endurance, and even Strength, somewhat are ways to describe the same aspect of a character. The same with Will/Spirit/Intelligence. You don't have any stats to control kinetic sense, stuff like agility and coordination. I know that there is some overlap because Vitality and Spirit were direct HP/MP controllers, though, which makes sense.

What about removing Endurance and replacing it with Agility? Defensively this would work, as take an example where you have two combatants unarmed without any armor, their strength would determine their offensive power, but their ability to move and dodge would determine their defensive power.

Of course, you can't set up stats until you define all the aspects of the player that can and would be affected. Will there be status effects, buffs, de-buffs, stun/frozen states, fixed or adaptive movement speeds? Will there be inventory size restrictions or weight? Will the attack and defense formulas be fixed or randomized?

What about this: (note any effects or functions that wouldn't be in game disregard, they are just secondary effects anyway)

Strength: Attack potential, weight potential
Agility: Defense potential, movement speed
Vitality: Maximum health and regeneration potential
Intelligence: Magic potential, skills potential (craft etc)
Will: Magic defense potential, buffs duration potential (so stuns would be broken easier if you have high will)
Spirit: Maxium magic and regeneration potential

I also would suggest some randomness in the basic attack formula. How to do this could definitely vary, however. Perhaps randomizing defense potential, and subtract that value from attack potential. Or vice-versa. The thing is with MMOs everything has some connection to everything else, so you always have to make sure your balance is set up to take everything into account.

Dear Anna Comnena,

@Anna:

> I still think you have some overlap. Vitality and Endurance, and even Strength, somewhat are ways to describe the same aspect of a character. The same with Will/Spirit/Intelligence. You don't have any stats to control kinetic sense, stuff like agility and coordination. I know that there is some overlap because Vitality and Spirit were direct HP/MP controllers, though, which makes sense.
>
> What about removing Endurance and replacing it with Agility? Defensively this would work, as take an example where you have two combatants unarmed without any armor, their strength would determine their offensive power, but their ability to move and dodge would determine their defensive power.
>
> Of course, you can't set up stats until you define all the aspects of the player that can and would be affected. Will there be status effects, buffs, de-buffs, stun/frozen states, fixed or adaptive movement speeds? Will there be inventory size restrictions or weight? Will the attack and defense formulas be fixed or randomized?
>
> What about this: (note any effects or functions that wouldn't be in game disregard, they are just secondary effects anyway)
>
> Strength: Attack potential, weight potential
> Agility: Defense potential, movement speed
> Vitality: Maximum health and regeneration potential
> Intelligence: Magic potential, skills potential (craft etc)
> Will: Magic defense potential, buffs duration potential (so stuns would be broken easier if you have high will)
> Spirit: Maxium magic and regeneration potential
>
> I also would suggest some randomness in the basic attack formula. How to do this could definitely vary, however. Perhaps randomizing defense potential, and subtract that value from attack potential. Or vice-versa. The thing is with MMOs everything has some connection to everything else, so you always have to make sure
> your balance is set up to take everything into account.

I agree if Anna on that part, You have to think about every thing that will go into a skill or effect a player beforehand and then adjust things with the formula.

Yours truly,

- Ice

@Robin:

> I was going to have it like this:
>
> **Str:** Increases melee damage.
> **End:** Increases block rate and reduces melee damage.
> **Vit:** Increases HP & HP regen rate.
> **Int:** Increases magic damage.
> **Will:** Increases magic block rate and reduces magic damage. Can take more damage before casting of spells is interrupted.
> **Spr:** Increases MP & MP regen rate.

I think this would be a good way. My only questions are: Do you plan on having critical hits and npcs can inturput spell casting after so much damage is done? That would be awesome.

@Zetasis:

> @Robin:
>
> > I was going to have it like this:
> >
> > **Str:** Increases melee damage.
> > **End:** Increases block rate and reduces melee damage.
> > **Vit:** Increases HP & HP regen rate.
> > **Int:** Increases magic damage.
> > **Will:** Increases magic block rate and reduces magic damage. Can take more damage before casting of spells is interrupted.
> > **Spr:** Increases MP & MP regen rate.
>
> I think this would be a good way. My only questions are: Do you plan on having critical hits and npcs can inturput spell casting after so much damage is done? That would be awesome.

It already has critical hits and spell interrupting. I just haven't added a threshold for spell interrupting yet so spells are never interrupted. xD