Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Auto Port Forward (Need Testers)

Marsh

Alright i believe i got upnp working with Eclipse. This c++ program should automatically forward the port 4000\. It will not show up in your router settings up it will work for people to connect to. I need some testers though.

Steps to test:

Download here: http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/UPnP.rar
If you have already port forwarded 4000 remove it
Run Eclipse Server (make sure its running on port 4000)
Check Status of port: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,43997.msg443672.html#msg443672 it should say offline
Run Program. Wait a bit then hit enter to go through steps.
View Status Checker again. Should now say online.

Worked fine for me. If you do not now how to use the status checker please do not use this program. Also if you it does not work but you do not get a error make sure you followed the steps properly.

This topic is to find out if anyone gets errors running the program. If you do get a error please copy your ip.txt here and a screenshot of the error.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you goto your command prompt and type in ipconfig. tell me what it says. Try running just the bat file and see if that fills your ip .txt

Pain in the ass way to get the ip of the person may have to change that. Or just get the user to type in there ip.

It isn't working on my computer, my IP is in ip.txt and i ran the program until it said it was finished and I pressed enter and it closed but when I use the status checker it still says that it is offline. Did I make any mistakes? I pressed enter on every step until it closed.

When you hit enter the second time is there a Eclipse entry at the bottom of the list? may need a bit of reworking. Server is running on port 4000? What type of router do you have. Also please paste your ip.txt it contains more then just your ip. You can star the ip out if you want.

It didn't work for me, here is the error messsage that appears in the black screen,

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the apllication's support team for more information.

Then a box comes up saying send or dontsend error report, I am using windows xp and my router is netgear WG111v3, my static ip is 192.168.0.21, what do u suggest I do?

thanks

@Marsh:

> I would read up on what port forwarding does. It technically has nothing to do with Eclipse or games. It just enables people to connect to your computer / your Eclipse server.

Yeah, I know what port forwarding does, it's not actually your whole PC though, it's just one port.

-JS1

• 4 weeks later...
i got a error…

```
An unexpected error has occurred. This indicates that Universal Plug and Play is
disabled or is not functioning properly on your computer or network.

Details of this error are as follows:
Full error message: An error occurred in mnStartNAT whilst retrieving current po
rt mappings (NULL) at line 65 of file ".\clNAT.cpp". Error code 0\. Version "Rele
ase v1.1.7 (Sep 18 2009, 16:07:23)"

Operation: retrieving current port mappings (NULL)
Command: mnStartNAT
Code: 0
Line: 65
File: .\clNAT.cpp

Press any key to continue . . .

```