Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] No runtimes request

Timmah

@Timmah:

> Big Request:  Make it so the user does not need to install run-time files. ;)

isn't that impossible? You could embed it into the same download as the game, but the run time files are for obviously run time lol

By the way. This engine is amazing Robin, its encouraging me to actually study vb6  :azn:

@Irhymer:

> @Timmah:
>
> > Big Request:  Make it so the user does not need to install run-time files. ;)
>
> isn't that impossible? You could embed it into the same download as the game, but the run time files are for obviously run time lol
>
> By the way. This engine is amazing Robin, its encouraging me to actually study vb6  :azn:

Its possible, the end user would just need to have VB6 runtime which should always run smoothly. For this to work, Robin would have to use strictly that library and WINAPI.

@Robin:

> @Timmah:
>
> > Big Request:  Make it so the user does not need to install run-time files. ;)
>
> You obviously don't understand programming.

Your correct, I really dont.  I don't know what is possible and what isn't.
Zetta said it was possible, so I do know what I am talking about.

@Zetta:

> For this to work, Robin would have to use strictly that library and WINAPI.

Zetta said it was possible if Robin only used standard VB6 APIs. In other words, it's either install libraries which takes all of a minute or two, or be restricted to a specific set of features.

If I'm not mistaken, even DirectX is an imported API, so this would basically mean you could have no graphics or sounds.

@Ballie:

> @Zetta:
>
> > For this to work, Robin would have to use strictly that library and WINAPI.
>
> Zetta said it was possible if Robin only used standard VB6 APIs. In other words, it's either install libraries which takes all of a minute or two, or be restricted to a specific set of features.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, even DirectX is an imported API, so this would basically mean you could have no graphics or sounds.

DirectX  and OpenGL are both parts of WinAPI. He just chose to use the dll wrapper.

@Zetta:

> @Ballie:
>
> > @Zetta:
> >
> > > For this to work, Robin would have to use strictly that library and WINAPI.
> >
> > Zetta said it was possible if Robin only used standard VB6 APIs. In other words, it's either install libraries which takes all of a minute or two, or be restricted to a specific set of features.
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, even DirectX is an imported API, so this would basically mean you could have no graphics or sounds.
>
> DirectX  and OpenGL are both parts of WinAPI. He just chose to use the dll wrapper.

Those components still require run-time files (e.g. d3d9.dll). The only way to get rid off the run-time binaries is by using system calls, which is basically impossible in Visual Basic.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 4 weeks later...
@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> just add the ELI to the download.
> When making an installer have it run the ELI on exit.
> DONE!

Well, it is set to, when the user runs the game, it checks to see if the files are registerted and if not, it registerers on the spot in the loading bar.