• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kusy:

> HEWY METAL
> hurrr!
> durrr!
> (and I don't listen to it)
> Music genres are for a reason, don't try to be so nonconformist with your "it's all just music" views, nobody likes outsiders.

It's in a genre because they're well, similar.

@Kreator:

> @Kreatσr:
>
> > @Kreator:
> >
> > > @ZoSo:
> > >
> > > > Concept of Musik Genre's = Fail.
> > > > I'd remove genres for musik and entirely call the musik after the Artist/band.
> > >
> > > Couldn't agree more.
> >
> > I can agree move actually.
>
> I beg to differ

Yeah, i agree.

My only question is why i spelled Music with a k?

@ZoSo:

> My only question is why I spelt Music with a k?

Well, I want to inform you about something and that is that it doesn't matter. The reason why music is spelt with a 'c' instead of a 'k' is because it is derived from the Latin word 'musica'. However, the Romans never actually had a 'k' in their alphabet, it's a character that is taken over from the Greek. The two characters should be pronounced the same way and they both should be used for the same, but some ignorant cunt thought about using the 'c' as a 's' as well, whenever the 'c' is followed by an 'e' or an 'i', which is just wrong.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Sir:

> @ZoSo:
>
> > My only question is why I spelt Music with a k?
>
> Well, I want to inform you about something and that is that it doesn't matter. The reason why music is spelt with a 'c' instead of a 'k' is because it is derived from the Latin word 'musica'. However, the Romans never actually had a 'k' in their alphabet, it's a character that is taken over from the Greek. The two characters should be pronounced the same way and they both should be used for the same, but some ignorant cunt thought about using the 'c' as a 's' as well, whenever the 'c' is followed by an 'e' or an 'I', which is just wrong.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

I know that… (well maybe not exact that)... but yeah.
I was just wondering why I mispelled Music with a k in my reply, but I bet it has something to do with me living in sweden, and music being spelt Musik here.

But yeah, thanks for the lecture.

From alternative rock up to death metal

**Alternative
Punk
Rock
Hard Rock
Heavy Metal
Metal
Trash Metal
(Melodic) Death Metal
+ 1,000,000,000 of subgenres**

click [here](http://www.last.fm/user/jestertyr) to check all my favourite bands…
and hey wait, why is there only heavy metal in that list?...

@Darien:

> Except Dragonforce, that's classified as extreme power metal.

Dragonforce is metal for kids.

Metal is for kids :P. Atleast what metal is today.
I find Death Metal and stuff like that pretty much funny.. And i cant imagine how anyone can play that kind of music seriously :P. No offence to anybody here.

@ZoSo:

> Metal is for kids :P. Atleast what metal is today.
> I find Death Metal and stuff like that pretty much funny.. And I cant imagine how anyone can play that kind of music seriously :P. No offence to anybody here.

Listen to Arch Enemy for example, the guitar riffs aren't funny at all… at least not to me. Maybe you have a strange sense of humour? (I agree that Cannibal Corpse is funny tough, that bands sucks... don't take it as an example)

@Tyr:

> @ZoSo:
>
> > Metal is for kids :P. Atleast what metal is today.
> > I find Death Metal and stuff like that pretty much funny.. And I cant imagine how anyone can play that kind of music seriously :P. No offence to anybody here.
>
> Listen to Arch Enemy for example, the guitar riffs aren't funny at all… at least not to me. Maybe you have a strange sense of humour? (I agree that Cannibal Corpse is funny tough, that bands sucks... don't take it as an example)

I think its funny..
Since it cant possibly be serious.

Metal is stereotypical.. its like.. Being evil in a very funny way. A bunch of clowns, and its reflected in their music.
Its not true, its an act.

@ZoSo:

> I think its funny..
> Since it cant possibly be serious.
>
> Metal is stereotypical.. its like.. Being evil in a very funny way. A bunch of clowns, and its reflected in their music.

I assume you simply have a wrong vision on what you call "Metal", we're obviously talking about a totally diffrent thing. Point final, the end.

@Tyr:

> @ZoSo:
>
> > I think its funny..
> > Since it cant possibly be serious.
> >
> > Metal is stereotypical.. its like.. Being evil in a very funny way. A bunch of clowns, and its reflected in their music.
>
> I assume you simply have a wrong vision on what you call "Metal", we're obviously talking about a **totally diffrent** thing. Point final, the end.

No we're not.
The concept of "Metal" has **almost** been the same.. But im talking about the Metal you mean, like Arch enemy and stuff like that.. Its all the same in the basics, allthrough it might sound different in some cases..

@Pink!:

> Although; a lot of bands nowadays don't take themselves seriously, they just do it for fun.. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Nope, ofcourse not.
Thats what I mean.. people playing in metal bands.. grown up men, if they take themself seriously.. god. Then I'd be at loss for words.

But i consider music an art. Therefore i dont find the music "for fun" very interesting.

Most metal bands are serious..
But I'm going to say:
"How can these shitty indie bands that sound like screeching cars take themselves seriously?"
"How can the rappers who sing about sex and bling and BOOTY take themseleves seriously?"
"How can pop artists who are just downright cheesy take themselves seriously?"
Etc..

Because music has become shit, something for fun… And people dont know whats good.
But that doesnt mean there arent good music out there... there is ALOT. You just wont find it on MTV.

I play in a band, and i can say i don't play because its "fun". Allthrough it is fun, that is not my main goal in music.

I agree completely. Modern music can be completely awful, but we're really still discussing pop music. (Pop here meaning "Popular").
What about modern orchestral music, operas and soloists. I personally dislike it, not because it's shit, but because it's boring to me.

The point of this post is you have to expand your views of "music" to include more than shitty bands you see on TV.

@Pink!:

> @ノ◊ㄅサкレ∆z:
>
> > Melodic Death Metal is still the ultimate genre.
>
> I find it boring.
> It's just not very energetic.

Well that's just your opinion, isn't it bud.

@Pink!:

> You're still not getting my point.

I am, i just got nothing to say about it.
I dont litsen to new "classical" music, opera or anything in that kind. Allthrough i play classical guitar, and there are good new composers, it does not interest me.