Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first weapon

Radekil9

this is my first weapon, pretty good in the eyes of me cus cause of the shading. its a standard short sword. (I think i havnt made it a paperdoll yet) here it is close up-
–-------------------------------------------------------------------

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4f00f462eed5a4a159c869f83ec10a91.bmp)

here it is far away-
---------------------------------------------------------------------

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/366b9db4d4b833d83c5a89823073bc40.bmp)

give me feedback bout it.  ;D

Radekil9- :renzo:

You filfthy piece of slut! I'm on dialup until the 10th, and you post a ridiculously huge bitmap image, of only which a tiny portion of it is actually showing off the sprite. You suck at spriting, you suck at screenshotting, and you suck at life. Go kill yourself.*

I mean uhm- hello friend, lets get you some constructive criticism!

First of all, your palette is too small. I would recommend at very least 4 shades of grey, as well as a more realistic shade of red for the hilt, and some extra colors for transitioning and variety purposes. Don't be afraid to add a small amount of hue. You can achieve nice results if you make the iron slightly blue, yellow, or other shades.

Next, I think I'll point out the fact that the outline shouldn't be lighter then the content it borders. In such case, the outline should use up the darkest shade(s). At very least, the right side of the blade should have an additional shade, thats darker then the rest, to show depth.  But this depth is very inconsistent.

You need to detail and shade it for certain. I have a tutorial on pixelling swords that should help a tremendous amount.

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,54337.0.html

Check it out, it will pretty much cover everything I haven't already talked about, and more. And more importantly, show you how its done, with a lot of examples and such.

Goodluck.

*I joke obviously here. Don't get offended; I don't mean it. Much.

argh, you got me with that first part, but im afraid i dont know how to get extra shades for paint. and i didnt have a darker red to shade the hand bottom thing. plus i dont know what a hue is, ill check out the tut, thanks

this is my failed attempt at following kreators tutorial. i tried following it exactly, my old one was better lol.
–----------------------------------------------------------------------

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/8bb555fd0463d6b6e26f149f9c17e927.bmp)

@Godlord:

> Eclipse Rules
>
> **1.2\. Images.**
>
> There are a few rules as for images actually. All images uploaded and shown in a topic, in the shout box or in a reply must be using the image format PNG (Portable Network Graphics), JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group) or GIF (Graphics Interchange Format). For animated images GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) and APNG (Animated Portable Network Graphics) are allowed to be used. As for vector graphics, you should use SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics). All the other image formats are discouraged and the use of BMP may result in a warning, simply because it is not funny to use a huge image.
>
> As for the actual size itself. Theoretically, any size is allowed, however, you should keep in mind that not everybody on this forum has 1920x1080 as their resolution. Therefore, we encourage the use of the width and height property. In the case of a normal forum topic or reply you should use 640 as the width and 480 as the height. In the case of the shout box, you should use 150 as the width and the height doesn't matter, as it auto-resizes. If you want you can link the image as well using the code below (where src is the URL or the link to the image):
> ```
> For topics and replies:
> [url][img]src[/img][/url]
>
> For the shout box:
> [url][img]src[/img][/url]
> ```
> If your image file is more than one MB or if you're posting in a topic where there are a lot images, then please use just linking instead of the image tag. See the code below:
> ```
> [url]title or description of my image here[/url]
> ```
>
> Regards,
>   The Forum Administration Team.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@۞βΣИ٧ĐΏG۞:

> I just made this…Tell me what you think.

The sword overall looks pretty nice. Far better than anything I've made (Which was a suckish shield xD)
Just a question, did you use a linear gradient? By zooming in on the image, it sort of looks like that.
Overall, I like it. Nice work.