Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Possible DBZ Game Input.

Zetasis

So for awhile now I have been debating with myself if I want to make a loosely based DBZ ORPG with Eclipse. Now I know it has been done before and I personally have never seen a decent DBZ game made with Eclipse or any other 2D engine for that matter. I once ran a DBZ Text Based game(MUD) for about 2 years and it was fairly popular so I think I know what needs to be in a DBZ game. I want to know what you guys think.

Now as far as features go there will be small source edits but mostly all features will be based on Scripting. Here are some ideas I have though about. Let me know what you think.

Races:
Saiyan
Human
Half-Breed (Half Saiyan Half Human)
Majin
Icer (Freeza, Cooler, King Cold)
Konatsu (Tapion from Movie 13)
Android
Bio-Android (Maybe)
Tuffle
Namek

All Races will have at least 4 transformations and yes I know that not all races in DBZ had 4 transformations. This is just to be fair, balanced, and well fun. If I were to stick with the Races that are mentioned above then there will not be any paperdolled items. If paperdoll is a must have then the list of playable races will be cut to only a few.

Features:
Mining and Smithing System: Will require a specified number of Pick Axes to Mine. Then once mining players will have a chance at either breaking a Pick Axe or successfully Mining a Gem or Ore or what ever.

Fishing for Food: Fishing will be only used to get Fish which will be used for either Food, which will restore PL or KI, or you can sell them to make some cash.

Harvesting System: There will be various plants and animals that can be harvested for their herbs or fur. With these items you can go to a crafting bench and create some really useful weapons, armor, or edibles.

Transformations: As said before all races will have at least 4 transformations. They way transformations will work I have not exactly decided on. There either going to be based off of a players level or a players Power Level(PL same as HP). To use a transformation a player would type /transformname (/SSJ) to view all available transformations and thei requirements. Then just type /form# (/ssj1).

Fusion System: There is a Script for this already but I will be editing it to make it more suitable for DBZ. Not 100% on how this will work but there will eventually be a Fusion System.

Wish System: Every NPC will have a small chance at dropping a random Dragonball. Once a player has all seven they can type /wish and a wish menu will appear with a list of several wish's a player can choose from. One of these including custom script work as long as it is a reasonable request.

Here is a preview of the Races. (Notice why there will be no PD)
They are as follows: Saiyan, Namek, Human, Icer, Majin.
![](http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/Zetasis/DBZSprites.jpg)

You're making a DBZ game too huh?

DBZ is ripe for the pickin to make a popular online game. The wide universe the show created, one of the largest fanbases in the history of anime.

Though I believe that lower DBZ ORPG games like ours will die when Dragonball Online comes to America/Europe, I wish you luck.

@Gohan:

> You're making a DBZ game too huh?
>
> DBZ is ripe for the pickin to make a popular online game. The wide universe the show created, one of the largest fanbases in the history of anime.
>
> Though I believe that lower DBZ ORPG games like ours will die when Dragonball Online comes to America/Europe, I wish you luck.

I for one disagree. There are only 4 playable races and you can't even be a Saiyan.

Also, this was mainly so I could get some feedback. I am currently not working on a DBZ ORPG. I just wanted to know what people thought of the idea so if I did start making one I wouldn't be just wasting my time.

Never watched Dragonball in my life, but as I see it they're super-powered people who fly around punching each other up.

Why in God's name would they mine ores? :|

Combat should obviously be the main concept. Without a decent combat system, it's not going to be very fun.

Fan based games like this will always do well..when its complete, just head over to DBZ forums, anime forums, gamefaqs and advertise, advertise, advertise..so many people will check it out. Everything seems good, I would suggest going against RPG Maker 2000 sprites and use ripped sprites..thats just my opinion though, check these

http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/dbzlog/sheet/14470

http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/dbzlog2/sheet/14501

http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/dbzbuusfury/sheet/14481

http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/dbzharukanarugokudensetsu/sheet/28824

Just some examples of random DS and GBA DBZ Games…the good thing about DBZ games, many of the Dragon Quest games match well with the DBZ sprites from the same system since its the same artist who does both series.

I could see a game like this being a side scroller or standard Eclipse style, but the combat needs to be innovated, pressing CTRL for a DBZ game will be kind of lame, so innovation is key

What I would do is offer players to travel to different planets. Each planet does not have to be super huge or anything, but the more planets gives players a chance to experience the DBZ universe more better.

@Zetasis:

> I for one disagree. There are only 4 playable races and you can't even be a Saiyan.
>
> Also, this was mainly so I could get some feedback. I am currently not working on a DBZ ORPG. I just wanted to know what people thought of the idea so if I did start making one I wouldn't be just wasting my time.

Oh I see, you're just mulling it over at this point.

As for there only being 4 playable races on DBO(there were three last I checked) you can't be a Saiyan for a very good reason: the squad play structure. The Nameks on DBO have healing powers. If Saiyan was a playable race almost nobody would be a Namek. Squad play would suffer from lack of healers.

Besides, it's in the future. All the Saiyans are dead except Goku and Vegeta(Who are old men now, full blooded Saiyans live about 400 years if they don't die in combat first). You can't honestly say they'd let you play them.

In my game Saiyans are going to be a locked class. I haven't fully decided how a player will go about getting a Saiyan but you will be able to at least wish for one if you get all the Dragonballs.

As for DBO, they could have made them a locked race which could be unlocked by getting to a certain level or something. Taking Saiyans out of Dragonball is like taking the cream filling from a twinkie, you just shouldn't do it.

@Zetasis:

> In my game Saiyans are going to be a locked class. I haven't fully decided how a player will go about getting a Saiyan but you will be able to at least wish for one if you get all the Dragonballs.
>
> As for DBO, they could have made them a locked race which could be unlocked by getting to a certain level or something. Taking Saiyans out of Dragonball is like taking the cream filling from a twinkie, you just shouldn't do it.

Saiyans a locked class… good idea.

And in DBO, the Saiyans aren't gone completely. The humans of that game, many of the are descendants of Saiyans. At level 50, a human can have Shenron unlock his or her Saiyan potential, which was watered down by generations of humans. The humans, by doing this, become Super Saiyans. And yes the girls can become Super Saiyans too.

• 1 year later...