Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bane of Magic - Updated Weekly

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/9b97b19dc48122e340565c36a0f7c389.png)

Week 1
The following is an extract taken from page 5 of a journal found just outside Karti. The author is unknown.

> Not many beings know this, many that do often treat it as pure fantasy. The world that we live in is vast to be sure, but it was once a much smaller place. It was smaller not in scale but in understanding. The world that was laid to ruins by the inhabitants themselves created what we know and treasure on this very day. All we see and all we strive to achieve being based on the dreams of those long gone. Villainies such as greed, murder and corruption all drawn from a need to advance oneself in status and ability. I know this not of visible fact but through my mind’s eye.
> In one of my waking dreams I saw towers of infinite height and majesty glisten in the sky. Their crimson spires reflecting the entire world. Flying spectres sped across and around them faster than any living bird or craft. All of a sudden the ground began to shake, a man grabbed me by the hand and although I could not understand him, I saw his fear. The tears in his eyes turned to blood and he fell to the floor motionless. Time stopped. Before me I saw a chair, out of place in the scene. Upon it was sat a man, happy and joyful.
> The world of old, that wondrous place, he destroyed it. It became what we see today. The horrors creating a thirst for blood and a need for power.
> The destroyer, the hearty and gleeful man that was in my dream… he was me.
>
> I build my land from earth and stone,
> I eat my feast of flesh and bone,
> But when I sit among my throne,
> The silence means I am alone.

Week 2
This peculiar documents was pulled from the Northern Mines.
![](http://5img.com/img91/7734/53thisfile.png)

Week 3
This partial religious scripture was found buried under rubble in one of the ancient desert ruins of Temperance.

> –-- for in seven sins and seven virtues, the great overseer created us. May our loves and fears of the world in which we live guide us towards that final light. Let not our blood be spilled or our resolve be plundered by the monsters he has seen fit to gift us with. Go, my children, and face the sky with your clear eyes unburdened by past transgressions. For though we leave this place we will always be as one. Your souls----

He is kidding. VB6 works fine in Windows 7.

If you're running 64-bit then make sure you're running the installer & actual program in compatibility mode, and make sure it's all run as administrator.

You should have realised by now that VB6 is a completely different language than VB.NET and they are not interchangeable.

• 1 year later...