Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Website Hosting Name

Harris6310

When choosing a name it should be something easy to spell, try not to have it as a phrase, clear to look at if made into a logo and also does not offend.
I have a friend who refuses to watch anything that has the word Devil in, so he doesnt even play Devil May Cry - you don't want to turn people away.
If you are going to use a long name be warned that while it can work for you and get you up in the google rank as you may end up with less competitiors for your keywords from domain name, people will have to type that.
There is a newish domain suffix called .me and while a lot of people have made use of it such as lookat.me most people may not trust a website ending in .me - do your very best to secure a .com.
Hypens are a no no, it gives room for competitiors to steal the unhyphenated address from you should you become mega successful.
So with all that in mind I would suggest one of the following three with the idea of being short, sweet, fun and professional but budget costing.

trustedwebspace.com
indiewebhosts.com
harrishosts.com

@silentdemonic:

> trustedwebspace.com
> indiewebhosts.com
> **harrishosts.com**

I was going to say harrishosts.com, I just wanted to be sure he was doing it alone. Either that or harriscanhost.com or harrishosting.com. My personal favorite in that list is indiewebhosts.com though.

@MrHappySmore:

> @silentdemonic:
>
> > trustedwebspace.com
> > indiewebhosts.com
> > **harrishosts.com**
>
> I was going to say harrishosts.com, I just wanted to be sure he was doing it alone. Either that or harriscanhost.com or harrishosting.com. My personal favorite in that list is indiewebhosts.com though.

GEORGE HARRISON HOSTING!!!!

Hmm.

I would stay away from that "Un-Professional" name. You don't want to limit your customers to eclipse only, i mean, who in there right mind would buy hosting from "Awesomesauce Hosting" it just sounds retarded.

On another note, are you running your own servers (Dedicated, VPS, ect) or just using a reseller plan?

@NGHS:

> Hmm.
>
> I would stay away from that "Un-Professional" name. You don't want to limit your customers to eclipse only, I mean, who in there right mind would buy hosting from "Awesomesauce Hosting" it just sounds retarded.
>
> On another note, are you running your own servers (Dedicated, VPS, ect) or just using a reseller plan?

I would!

-JS1

See, you have to be careful,

If your using a reseller plan you have very limited control over your network and what not, the main reason i asked. Your host could just turn your server off and you would be stuck with clients wanting to use your services.

Any way this is going way off topic,
No i would not buy hosting off you for the reason stated above, and you sound like the stupidest company based off the name.