Find results in...

I have a stalker

Robin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad Robin hehe. I took the Typing Speed test but couldn't complete it.
I have been tested before to type over 130 wpm easily, but even that isn't completely correct because I don't type very well when being told exactly what to type, and when it's timed like this I type even worse [under pressure] >.<
If someone ever finds a test that actually stops recording time when you stop typing after a certain amount of time [I.e. 1/2 second], feel free to link me. I have a feeling if I could find a good test I could get 150 wpm easily ;P
Anyways, I'm going to continue trying this crappy facebook 'Typing Speed' app for the lulz, mainly because I'm bored.

EDIT: Here's a pretty good typing test. Seeing what rank you are is fun ;P
http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/
You reached 429 points, so you achieved position 2924 of 459343 on the ranking list
Second try.

EDIT2: Third try
![](http://i45.tinypic.com/16ht5aq.png)

You do know that 120-130 per minute is the average of most people who spend large quantities of time on the internet, right? Not to mention when you take a test like that for real(I had to do so) they also test you for your typing accuracy and spelling. Either way unless you are a secretary you will never have a good use outside of writing papers faster than other people for your typing skills. Those I guess Robin's programming speed is partly because of his typing… lol.

@Azure:

> You do know that 120-130 per minute is the average of most people who spend large quantities of time on the internet, right? Not to mention when you take a test like that for real(I had to do so) they also test you for your typing accuracy and spelling. Either way unless you are a secretary you will never have a good use outside of writing papers faster than other people for your typing skills. Those I guess Robin's programming speed is partly because of his typing… lol.

You do know that there are no good typing tests available to the general public via the internet for free?
This means that my WPM is deterred from what it actually is.

You also know that this test that I took obviously tests for both accuracy and spelling, which usually are in and of the same thing when it comes to typing.

And typing faster, although useful, isn't a major help when it comes to programming. I should know. Comparing two programmers, one that types 100 wpm, the other 150 wpm - they are both not going to be highly affected by their typing speed. Programming well is all about problem solving. Just because I can type 1+1=2 faster then you doesn't mean I am smarter then you.

To be blunt, This thread was never about typing, go back and read up. No one, including myself, cares about your typing skills. Last but not least, my comment about Robin's programming skills was off handed and unfounded, a whim and nothing more. Oh and while I'm at it, I was talking about a professional typing exam, not a fake one over the internet.

-went back and re-read my post, I've got to stop typing when I'm half asleep.

@Azure:

> To be blunt, This thread was never about typing, go back and read up. No one, including myself, cares about your typing skills. Last but not least, my comment about Robin's programming skills was off handed and unfounded, a whim and nothing more. Oh and while I'm at it, I was talking about a professional typing exam, not a fake one over the internet.
>
> -went back and re-read my post, I've got to stop typing when I'm half asleep.

Lately people have just been glancing over my posts and responding to them.

> You do know that there are no good typing tests available to the general public via the internet for free?
> This means that my WPM is deterred from what it actually is.

Anyways, you are right. This topic was never about typing speed, I am just in a trolling mood and have been for the past week or two, so I apologize for that. I like you guys here at eclipse :3

TimeBomb,The last one I had done I scored 97 wpm. at the time I had issues typing from a prompt. Now I'm more proficient and type around 125(roughly estimating). Though the "that's the average" comment is true. Anyways if you noticed Robin's video and claim are BS, which is what made this "encounter" funny.

SoiWilliamSoi, I was the lazy one in my class back in high school. I still type lazily most of the time. I hate hearing my own fingers banging away on the keys… :|

@Azure:

> I guess Alabama didn't get the memo. I'm 45 minutes from Birmingham and AT&T service is lucky to have two bars. I was grandfathered into Verizon when Alltel merged with them. I usually have 5 bars as well. :)

I'm about 15 mins from Birmingham :D

No matter how many people add me, I'm not going to accept you on Facebook.

Fuck off already. If you want to talk about Origins, post it on here. I keep my real life and my internet life very separate, thank you.

@Robin:

> No matter how many people add me, I'm not going to accept you on Facebook.
>
> Fuck off already. If you want to talk about Origins, post it on here. I keep my real life and my internet life very separate, thank you.

Actually, I wanted to be your friend friend. (:

@Robin:

> What? You Americans stole our city names without putting 'New' in front of them? -_-

Also, idiot. xD New York ring a bell? I think there's a New London too.

@Azkanan:

> Also, idiot. xD New York ring a bell? I think there's a New London too.

… Did you just not read my post? I said they're stealing names **without** putting 'New' in front of them now.

Birmingham is an English city.