Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Retro Tiles and Concept Dagger

Yxxe

Made some tiles and a sample weapon in a retro style for my game. Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Sample Grass, Mud and Water Tiles:

Editing because people think i ripped them  :cry:

Concept weapon:

![](http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/Adrammelech_2009/bluntdagger.jpg)

@«Lígh╦ñíñg»:

> **Ripped** some tiles from Elandor Chronicles. Warns, mutes and flames welcome.
>
> Sample Grass, Mud and Water Tiles:
>
> ![](http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/Adrammelech_2009/sample.jpg)

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,58283.0.html
Glad you like my work I guess.

![](http://i49.tinypic.com/acex40.png)
EDIT- Woops I forgot to give him hair.

@Kreator:

> @«Lígh╦ñíñg»:
>
> > What? I dont get it, I just **RIPPED** some grass…  :icon_crap:

I didnt rip anything, i drew it myself. I swear.

@Azkanan:

> Uhm. Look at Kreator's display pic, the grass is the exact same.

Just a coincidence then, I guess grass doesnt look similar from place to place :/ I'm redoing the grass now, so it doesnt look like Kreator's.

@«Lígh╦ñíñg»:

> I didnt rip anything, I drew it myself. I swear.

Lol, your seriously trying to squirm out of this when it shows so obviously? That tile overlays like 90% perfectly on the originals, aside from some weird flaws and fuck-ups made on your behalf because you can't even rip properly. All you did is increase the saturation by about 20pts in paint.net or photoshop or such.

@«Lígh╦ñíñg»:

> Just a coincidence then, I guess grass doesnt look similar from place to place :/ I'm redoing the grass now, so it doesnt look like Kreator's.

I would have had some respect for you if you admitted it like a man, but no. There's no coincidence, don't even think someone could possibly fall for that.

A damn huge coincidence, then. The tufts are shaped exactly the same, there are little 2x2 blocks of different colors for highlights spread throughout the tile, and it looks like it's a 16x16 tile blown up to 32x32\. That's an awful lot of things to coincidentally put into your art.

According to my mathematical calculations [At Least A Hundred Years Ago](http://encyclopediadramatica.com/100_years_ago), the chance of your tileset being the exact same is 1 in 203751936000.

This is accounting for for the colour of every pixel.

@«Lígh╦ñíñg»:

> Delete the thread then. Seeing as everyone comments on the grass and nothing else, this thread might as well disappear until I can get things sorted.

I think it should be shown to the public, that your a ripper? Sounds more befitting. Topic stays.

@Kreator:

> @«Lígh╦ñíñg»:
>
> > I didnt rip them.
>
> You do realise this is the very reason people would be offended. Your calling us liars, when its so damn obvious you ripped.

I'm not calling you a liar. But hey, I wont tile again, so I hope you're happy, as this is the best I can do not to offend anyone again.

@«Lígh╦ñíñg»:

> Delete the thread then. Seeing as everyone comments on the grass and nothing else, this thread might as well disappear until I can get things sorted.

You act like this is _our_ problem. Plagiarism is a big deal. If you produce a tile that's 90% the same as someone else's, of course that's what we're going to focus on.

You keep suggesting that it's 100% original, but you're removing the image and asking this topic to be deleted and such. All we have to go on is your word, and given the circumstances, that the tile is not only in the same style as Elandor's grass, but you can zoom in and compare directly and see where it's so similar, of course we're wary. And when your reaction coupled with this is to try to cover everything up by removing images and asking the thread to be removed, that just looks even more suspicious.

@«Lígh╦ñíñg»:

> I'm not calling you a liar. But hey, I wont tile again, so I hope you're happy, as this is the best I can do not to offend anyone again.

Oh, fucking stop with that. We accused you of plagiarism. At the very least, even if you did draw this yourself, the style is almost directly copied. Even you can realize that much. Directly ripped or visually copied, it's still plagiarism. But, the thing is, you're not only denying it when it's pointed out, but now you're trying to get some grief for it, like it's our fault that we accused you or something. So yeah, that's why we take it personally. You deny it, you try to cover it, then try to turn people against us. Even throwing the image comparisons out, that just makes you look either guilty or immature.

So, whatever you decide to do about that is fine. If it takes you giving up on making tilesets because someone pointed out the blatant similarities, so be it. You're not going to make anyone feel bad about what you do to yourself.

..aaaand it appears someone locked this while I was typing. Oops.