Kimimaru

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ertzel:

> Dunno wtf u just tried to say but..
>
> You NEED vb6 to edit anything in the source for any version of Eclipse.

Actually, you don't. You can edit everything, even forms, in notepad++ or whatever, but you can't compile or run it, that's all. :) If he want's to edit his code and then compile it, he can use VB6 for compiling and notepad for programming, not saying it's a good way to do it, just that you can.

@Marcus:

> Actually, you don't. You can edit everything, even forms, in notepad++ or whatever, but you can't compile or run it, that's all. :) If he want's to edit his code and then compile it, he can use VB6 for compiling and notepad for programming, not saying it's a good way to do it, just that you can.

You're not going to get anywhere without being able to edit the forums, controls or project.

• 3 weeks later...
If you have factions, and they fight eachother, their HP bars will not update, this is how to fix:

Find this:
```
' Can the npc attack the npc?
                                If CanNpcAttackNpc(MapNum, x, Target) Then
                                        Damage = CLng(Npc(NpcNum).Stat(Stats.strength)) - CLng(Npc(Target).Stat(Stats.endurance))
                                        If Damage < 1 Then Damage = 1
                                        Call NpcAttackNpc(MapNum, x, Target, Damage)
```
Right after:
```
Call NpcAttackNpc(MapNum, x, Target, Damage)
```
Add this:
```
SendMapNpcVitals MapNum, Target
```

===

Please add this to the main post.

• 1 month later...
I'm a little bit stuck on this step.

Here is the error I am getting:

>! ![](http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/masterofmoo/DangerWillRobinson.png)

My Gut says that the error "Expected End Sub" means that it wants me to place and End Sub for that specific line?

However I don't want to do anything without clarification until I become confident in VB6 :)

@Chuchoide:

> u have a sub in a sub. u replaced BltNpc with BltNpcHP. U needa go to the End Sub command of BltNpc, press enter, and then paste the BltNpcHP sub.
>
> Like:
>
> Public Sub BltNpc
> -Code-
> End Sub
>
> Public Sub BltNpcHP
> -Code-
> End Sub

I got it working, thank you for the extra help! MUCH appreciated.

~~Thats because u followed the tutorial wrong…

when it says

Add this under Public Sub BltNpc in modDirectDraw7:

it means add it under that whole sub, not just add it below that one line in the sub like u did.~~

Nvm, you just edited ur post.

@Valek:

> @Chuchoide:
>
> > u have a sub in a sub. u replaced BltNpc with BltNpcHP. U needa go to the End Sub command of BltNpc, press enter, and then paste the BltNpcHP sub.
> >
> > Like:
> >
> > Public Sub BltNpc
> > -Code-
> > End Sub
> >
> > Public Sub BltNpcHP
> > -Code-
> > End Sub
>
> I got it working, thank you for the extra help! MUCH appreciated.

Yeah, Np

**I am having a bit of trouble changing the position of the health bar on my NPC's..

this is what the HP bar looks like on the NPC.**

>! ![](http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/masterofmoo/HPBAR.png)

**This is what my code looks like.**

>! ```
' Calculate the X coordinate to place the name
    X = MapNpc(Index).X * PIC_X + MapNpc(Index).XOffset

If Sprite < 1 Or Sprite > NumCharacters Then
        y = MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - 50
    Else
        y = MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(Sprite).lHeight) + 50
    End If
```

**It says in the tutorial that I can move the placement by changing the coordinates displaced in these lines of code, however I am have changing them and haven't really had any luck moving it at all.

Any help would be great!**

@Athagekin:

> The positions are based on pixel units.  Your offsets are probably too high or too low.  Did you modify any of the code that was shown in the tutorial?

No I didn't modify any of it. I just followed it step by step. The health bar is displaying, however when I change the coordinates and recompile, it doesn't move at all. Not even a pixel in either direction. So its confusing to me. Even if my offsets were too high or too low I should be able to compensate by modifying the coords.

I used this:

'Position bar - 225 = Below Char, 154 = Above Name, 172 Between Name and Char

And worked fine for me.. All thought, ofcourse, a name between the Sprite and Name doesn't look good haha IMO.

Just try it out to check. (Unless you changed your window size, this should work in EO CE(1.2.0) )

@adr990:

> I used this:
>
> 'Position bar - 225 = Below Char, 154 = Above Name, 172 Between Name and Char
>
> And worked fine for me.. All thought, ofcourse, a name between the Sprite and Name doesn't look good haha IMO.
>
> Just try it out to check. (Unless you changed your window size, this should work in EO CE(1.2.0) )

You'll have to be more specific with me.
My code looks like this, what does yours look like?

>! ```

y = MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - 50
    Else
        y = MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(Sprite).lHeight) + 50
    End If
```

@Valek:

> @adr990:
>
> > I used this:
> >
> > 'Position bar - 225 = Below Char, 154 = Above Name, 172 Between Name and Char
> >
> > And worked fine for me.. All thought, ofcourse, a name between the Sprite and Name doesn't look good haha IMO.
> >
> > Just try it out to check. (Unless you changed your window size, this should work in EO CE(1.2.0) )
>
> You'll have to be more specific with me.
> My code looks like this, what does yours look like?
>
> >! ```
> ' Calculate the X coordinate to place the name
>     X = MapNpc(Index).X * PIC_X + MapNpc(Index).XOffset
>  
>     If Sprite < 1 Or Sprite > NumCharacters Then
>         y = MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - 50
>     Else
>         y = MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(Sprite).lHeight) + 50
>     End If
> ```

Mine does look like this at the moment:
```

y = MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - 225 'Position bar - 225 = Below Char, 154 = Above Name, 172 Between Name and Char
    Else
        y = MapNpc(Index).y * PIC_Y + MapNpc(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(Sprite).lHeight) + 255 'Position bar - 225 = Below Char, 154 = Above Name, 172 Between Name and Char
    End If
```
I only tried the normal npc yet. The DDSD Char I'm not sure of what it is as of yet, actually..

• 3 weeks later...
I just try on 1.3 but there's a strange problem with the npc hp bar
it is too large

the piece is here but I cant find what is the problem

>! Call DDS_BackBuffer.DrawBox(ConvertMapX(X), ConvertMapY(Y), ConvertMapX(X + Int(((MapNpc(Index).Vital(Vitals.HP) / 32) / (Npc(NpcNum).HP / 32)) * 32)), ConvertMapY(Y + 4))

here is what looks like ![](http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/500/screenhunter02jan210202.png)

the back bar(black) works perfectly.Anyone can help?'='

edit: /450000