Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to make a Turn Based Combat MMORPG?

PokeFreakPlatinum

I'm looking to make a Turn-Based MMORPG sort of like this:

I'm not sure if any of you have ever played "Pokemon" before. It's a simple yet complex turn-based RPG game that you collect and battle with avatars called "Pokemon" each with their own respective abilities moves and powers.

The game I have in mind is much like this, where you begin your game by being able to choose your character out of a variety of pre-set sprites.

From there, you also have the ability to choose a "Starter" Pokemon which you will start the game with.

In the game, you walk around and when you walk into a certain tile, you have a chance of encountering a Pokemon.

If you encounter a Pokemon it would bring you to the battle screen where you would be facing the wild Pokemon (or if you were to face a trainer)  and you would commence in a turn-based battle with each of you using attacks on eachother until one faints.

Basically, I want to know if this is even possible with eclipse. I'll also need to insert my own tiles, so if you can let me know how to do that, then thanks.

From a general design perspective if you do turn-based combat that waits on players you should have a time limit set so AFKers and the like won't make the entire battle last forever. I remember in FairyLand if you'd get in a big party and someone AFKs or lags out everyone's waiting around stuck in battle mode doing nothing.