Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HelpPlz here… asking for Help Please(Lol)

HelpPlz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,428.0.html

Go through and read all of the portforwarding tutorials. You do not want to forward the one in the server bar. You want to forward the one from IPChicken and put that one in Config.ini client side. Then your friend will be able to play at his house once you rar the file to him.

There was also an auto portforward, I will get it and post it here. However it doesn't work for everyone.

@Gohan:

> @HelpPlz:
>
> > I did exactly what u gys said, didn't work
>
> If it didn't work then you're doing something wrong.

okay, ill give you a list of what i did

1.Made my game and stuff

2.Could'nt figure things out with my friend

3.Got into my routetr admin panel thing

4\. Port forwarded my IPv4

5\. Set the IP in the Config.ini file

6.Went on the Client

7.FAILED

@HelpPlz:

> @Gohan:
>
> > @HelpPlz:
> >
> > > I did exactly what u gys said, didn't work
> >
> > If it didn't work then you're doing something wrong.
>
> okay, ill give you a list of what I did
>
> 1.Made my game and stuff
>
> 2.Could'nt figure things out with my friend
>
> 3.Got into my routetr admin panel thing
>
> 4\. Port forwarded my IPv4
>
> 5\. Set the IP in the Config.ini file
>
> 6.Went on the Client
>
> 7.FAILED

Make a no-ip host name and put in Config.ini and it will solve your problem

@Gohan:

> @HelpPlz:
>
> > @Gohan:
> >
> > > @HelpPlz:
> > >
> > > > I did exactly what u gys said, didn't work
> > >
> > > If it didn't work then you're doing something wrong.
> >
> > okay, ill give you a list of what I did
> >
> > 1.Made my game and stuff
> >
> > 2.Could'nt figure things out with my friend
> >
> > 3.Got into my routetr admin panel thing
> >
> > 4\. Port forwarded my IPv4
> >
> > 5\. Set the IP in the Config.ini file
> >
> > 6.Went on the Client
> >
> > 7.FAILED
>
> Make a no-ip host name and put in Config.ini and it will solve your problem

Uhh, well No-Ip ends up costing money, cause you gotta register a domain name either way, the the domains they allow, none of them are free ones

You do realize that your 192 ip is your internal router's IP right … Okay, stop what you are doing and repeat every step that Yukiyo has layed out. I have heard of problems if you are hosting on a computer that is connected via wi-fi, but those occur very rarely. Seriously though, this is just making me very sad.

- Adulese

EDIT: Honestly, HelpPlz (which has to be the most annoying name ever and makes me not even want to help you) please stop just hoping that someone will take you by the hand and guide you through everything personally. We all have lives and have given you more than enough information to get everything working.

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=62716.msg665384#msg665384 date=1279419521]
> You do realize that your 192 ip is your internal router's IP right … Okay, stop what you are doing and repeat every step that Yukiyo has layed out. I have heard of problems if you are hosting on a computer that is connected via wi-fi, but those occur very rarely. Seriously though, this is just making me very sad.
>
> - Adulese
>
> EDIT: Honestly, HelpPlz (which has to be the most annoying name ever and makes me not even want to help you) please stop just hoping that someone will take you by the hand and guide you through everything personally. We all have lives and have given you more than enough information to get everything working.

i did not sign up with that name for HELP, its a name i like to use on alot of things, not for help, and alot of the other guys said to use the IPv4 Ip, but its cause my server uses my IPv4, so idk

@Soul:

> It says Free No-IP. Learn to read and stop ignoring me because you're too impatient.
>
> http://www.no-ip.com/services/managed_dns/free_dynamic_dns.html

oh, and i meant the DOMAIN part is paid, not the sign up

Soul and Yukiyo among others have posted just about everything you could possibly need for this. Honestly, your question should be answered. If you use your 192 or your 120 IP those are internal ones. You need your external IP fro IP Chicken or another similar site. Then port forward the 4000 port and your good to go.

- Adulese

EDIT: Also stop double posting. It's against the rules.

@HelpPlz:

> well tryto sign up at the site, ALL the domains there cost money to register, but tell me which end(like .com, or .net etc.) you have

![](http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/GohanX_Album/duh.jpg)

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=62716.msg665393#msg665393 date=1279420305]
> Soul and Yukiyo among others have posted just about everything you could possibly need for this. Honestly, your question should be answered. If you use your 192 or your 120 IP those are internal ones. You need your external IP fro IP Chicken or another similar site. Then port forward the 4000 port and your good to go.
>
> - Adulese
>
> EDIT: Also stop double posting. It's against the rules.

Okay, so do i use the forwarded ip or the ipchicken ip in the config file, and do i port forward the no-ip thing, or the 192.168.0.1, or my ipv4

@HelpPlz:

> @[PIE:
>
> > Rodriguez link=topic=62716.msg665393#msg665393 date=1279420305]
> > Soul and Yukiyo among others have posted just about everything you could possibly need for this. Honestly, your question should be answered. If you use your 192 or your 120 IP those are internal ones. You need your external IP fro IP Chicken or another similar site. Then port forward the 4000 port and your good to go.
> >
> > - Adulese
> >
> > EDIT: Also stop double posting. It's against the rules.
>
> Okay, so do I use the forwarded ip or the ipchicken ip in the config file, and do I port forward the no-ip thing, or the 192.168.0.1, or my ipv4

As we have said many times, port forward your IPv4, then make a host with no-ip, put the host name in config.ini instead of an IP address. That's it, do nothing else.