Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jungletoe's Electronic Music

SawQuart

Just "Jungletoe" I believe. It doesn't have enough songs on it though, so I'm uploading more.

For those of you trying to find the dubstep link, it is here:
http://www.soundcloud.com/jungletoe/lets-go
It's not that good since it's my first dubstep track, so I need a lot of C&C.

@Xlith
Hmm… Are you good at mixing? My forte is just making melodies, not mixing the melodies together.

@everyone
Do you guys think it's good enough to make a simple CD? Some of my friends in rl are whoring over my music now, but I can't figure out if they're just being nice or if they actually like it.

Pick out your favorite 5 songs from my soundcloud profile and post them here. Then I'll give you a cookie (not really).

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool! I just needed help with mastering and making transitions. My mixes sound really "soft" or "quiet" after I've finished mastering them, not loud like the other songs I've heard. Maybe it's just because I'm using FL, but idk.

Can you do stuff like that? I'd love to do a co-op song.

Increase gain on Piano in the beginning parts of the track. It sounds like it's being pushed to the back. Drums need to be a LOT more clearer, throughout the track, it sounds way to muffled.

You can just adjust the equaliser settings it should be quite simple.

The other reason your tracks might sound soft is because they're very empty.  There isn't much going on.

Are you using a keyboard or scoring it?

I've got Acid Pro 6 and I've downloaded some loops. I'm tempted to spend £30 buying some professionally developed trance loops that I was listening to today, they are so good it's untrue lol.

Listen to these samples….

http://www.producerloops.com/Download-Producer-Loops-Commercial-RnB-Trance-Dance-Vol-1.html

Got a little audio player thing on there.

-You repeat for way to long, even for this type of music. You play the same beats for almost a minute before it makes any significant changes and this makes it boring. Try practicing with more compressed, shorter songs.

-Kinda related to the first point, your build-up is too long by the time it gets to the drop I'm bored. Also the first second or two of the drop is good, specifically when the voice plays. Then it turns into this annoying siren which doesn't sound good at all. It's not danceable, it's not catchy, its just an irritating sound compared to the rest of the song. Put something else in it's place.

-The piano is misplaced. It goes from dance/rave/house to creepy piano that should be in a horror movie or something. You do it again with creepy xylophone music. This is not suited for clubs at all. I can't imaging any dance that would go with this.

In short, your beats make no sense. Who in a club would want to dance to a song that sounds like a random composition of noise containing no rhythm. Keep trying because you make some good sounds, you just need to work on mixing them.

Saw your music on sound cloud. Thought it was shit, I'm sorry to say, but the website seemed easy enough to use so I set my Mum up on it so she could upload her music.

She's now got a load of recording studios trying to get her to work with them and she's been on American radio.

If there's one positive thing you've done around here it's that. So thank you. xD

@Tompwnageâ„¢:

> Here something to help you out:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g59VwDANIsQ

Off Topic: I know the original music of that one and it is Sandstorm!
On Topic: Jungletoe hey it might be an inspiration for you…

@Xlithan:

> Try listening to some of the sample libraries online. Consider purchasing a few and you might be able to make some better tracks.

First off, I dont have money. Second off, I like making my own samples. Most people with FL do their own samples anyways. That way I stay more as a producer than a DJ. I know I may suck right now, but I just need to figure out some more stuff and I'll be good.

Thanks though man.

@RavenStylez:

> I can help :D
> http://www.soundcloud.com/ravenstylez/first-track
>
> Maybe that helps? I can send u the FL file :) (you working with FL?)

PM me and I'll see what happens.

Yeah, and I transitioned to a genre called "Fidget House". Aparently it has roots in my city, then became a huge Italian genre. With the new genre, I took all my songs off SoundCloud to save space. If you want the ZIP'ed album, PM me.

Hopefully, the tracks I produce soon will be a lot better.