Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do something useful with your computer for once

symphonia117

I'm not sure about how many of you know about folding@home yet.  Basically, the University of Stanford has been studying how protein cells "fold" or assemble themselves.  Misfolding protein cells are associated with various types of cancers, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, etc.  To simulate folding it would take the worlds fastest computer millions of days to accomplish what 100,000 processors can in 10.  This is what lead to folding@home.  It is a program that will receive instructions from Stanford's server and then it will use your computer (during down-time) to simulate protein folding, sending the results back to the university.  [More info can be found here along with download.](http://folding.stanford.edu/)

So… try using your computer to help society out some, eh?

My computer's downtime is used up by an AI I developed which will prowl forums at night and automatically generate amazing troll posts which take information from all the other threads to get the most violent reaction out of the people who frequently browse said forum.

@Robin:

> My computer's downtime is used up by an AI I developed which will prowl forums at night and automatically generate amazing troll posts which take information from all the other threads to get the most violent reaction out of the people who frequently browse said forum.

You must be prowd of that baby/

@Kusy:

> @Robin:
>
> > My computer's downtime is used up by an AI I developed which will prowl forums at night and automatically generate amazing troll posts which take information from all the other threads to get the most violent reaction out of the people who frequently browse said forum.
>
> You must be prowd of that baby/

**It's a cold, hating baby that wants to murder your children.**
_It's so cute!_