Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My TileSet (Begginer)

chuchoide

Well, today, I was bored… so I decided to see if I could make tiles, and I'm impressed I could actually make some Begginer ones, at my first try. I just want Feedback on them, and Suggestions in what else I should add into them.

A map is attached to the post, to show them in action. Includes Grass, Trees, Walls, Floor and Little Tables.

I ONLY WANT FEEDBACK AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM. I don't want comments such as "Fail" or "Stupid" or something like that. I'm just posting for making my Pixeling Skills better.

@Chuchoide:

> Well, today, I was bored… so I decided to see if I could make tiles, and I'm impressed I could actually make some Begginer ones, at my first try. I just want Feedback on them, and Suggestions in what else I should add into them.
>
> A map is attached to the post, to show them in action. Includes Grass, Trees, Walls, Floor and Little Tables.
>
> I ONLY WANT FEEDBACK AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM. I don't want comments such as "Fail" or "Stupid" or something like that. I'm just posting for making my Pixeling Skills better.

tutorials.  Read them.

@Sandshrew:

> @Chuchoide:
>
> > Well, today, I was bored… so I decided to see if I could make tiles, and I'm impressed I could actually make some Begginer ones, at my first try. I just want Feedback on them, and Suggestions in what else I should add into them.
> >
> > A map is attached to the post, to show them in action. Includes Grass, Trees, Walls, Floor and Little Tables.
> >
> > I ONLY WANT FEEDBACK AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM. I don't want comments such as "Fail" or "Stupid" or something like that. I'm just posting for making my Pixeling Skills better.
>
> tutorials.  Read them.

You don't need two signatures leading to your game thread. Its a waste of space.

Its not bad for a first try. You should look up tutorials on shading and dithering.

@Shinabi:

> Kinda childish. No offence, but it looks like a girl who was bored in class drew that hastily
>
> P.S. You use screenhunter!?!?! I do too!

> I ONLY WANT FEEDBACK AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM. I don't want comments such as "Fail" or "Stupid" or something like that. I'm just posting for making my Pixeling Skills better.

@Shinabi:

> That isn't constructive criticism? Hmm…

If the definition of constructive criticism is putting people down, then yes. Unfortunately, constructive criticisms definition is nowhere close to that of what I mentioned. Let me break it down for you.

con·struc·tive/kənˈstrəktiv/Adjective
1\. Serving a useful purpose; tending to build up.

crit·I·cism/krit-uh-siz-uhm/Noun
3.the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.

Chuchoide, I believe this site should help you.
[http://pixel.oceansdream.net/](http://pixel.oceansdream.net/)

inb4 CC debate begins  :rolleyes:

My biggest advice: Practice makes perfect. Never throw anything away, you can always redo what you started and make improvement. You generally always have an image in your head of what you are aiming for.. so keep trying to get it out of your head and onto the computer just like you imagined it.

I tried out yours for fun!

![](http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2086/testsd.png)

It's nothing spectacular… I just tried to fix up perspective, add some shading/dithering (minor), and add some texture. These three things can go along way to making better pixel art.

BRET'S IS BETTER. I CALL IT. <-<

Lol. No seriously. You needs some moar practice. ~~The tables aren't even similar on the both sides~~? And the trees are just terrible. Perspective, my friend.

Bricks don't look like that. And the grass should have DARKER outlines, not a completely different LIGHTER shade. and, it should look more like grass, instead of awkward bumps in the ground.

Look at a tree, real quick. It has ROOTS. Your tree, however, has a base. and, no actual tree-like texture.

@Bret:

> inb4 CC debate begins  :rolleyes:
>
> My biggest advice: Practice makes perfect. Never throw anything away, you can always redo what you started and make improvement. You generally always have an image in your head of what you are aiming for.. so keep trying to get it out of your head and onto the computer just like you imagined it.
>
> I tried out yours for fun!
>
> ![](http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2086/testsd.png)
>
> It's nothing spectacular… I just tried to fix up perspective, add some shading/dithering (minor), and add some texture. These three things can go along way to making better pixel art.

Nice job dude.

@Chuchoide .. No offense, but as everyone else here is saying, you need to take the time and do the basics first. Such as, highlights and shading for one. THat's my constructive criticism for you. :-P .. No doubt, its a nice start… But you can do way better. ;-)