Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need feedback on this. (Pokemon Interface)

ToshiroHayate

Hey guys, So I finally got around to messing with the PokeGear GUI/Interface/Graphics, whatever you wanna call it.

Now, the game is based on Eevee and it's evolutions. So the graphics will change accordingly to your main Pokemon evolution. (Brown for Eevee, Yellow for Jolteon, etc.)

Just wanted some feedback on what you think I can do to improve it, or if it's good to go.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/e60e99bcb5322a72b1eb5b69b229e00c.PNG)

@SoiWilliamSoi:

> I would just stick with color based decisions if that is what you are going for, and remove the picture. It seems to be more eye catching than it's supposed to be.

Hmm. Interesting view point. But the key to it is to be fancy since it's stuck there on the bottom of your screen 80% of the time anyways. But we'll see what happens as far as removing the image goes. (The Pokegear on Pokemon Platinum I think, had this ugly 8-bit Pikachu. D:)

@Azure:

> I have to agree with Soi. If you are aren't using up to date tiles the fancy poketch seems out of place.

I don't think that was the point he was making, and up to "date" tiles are 2.5D.

But besides that, It's still in heavy development. So expect rapid changes. Thanks for the feedback.

@Marsh:

> So is this a tiny bit of it? or is the game actually going to be that big?

As in screen size? If you mean by that, yeah. That's the actual size of the game. I'm creating my own version of the DS touch screen. Which will be used in battles as well. Of course, fullscreen will also be available.

@Toshiro:

> I don't think that was the point he was making, and up to "date" tiles are 2.5D.
>
> But besides that, It's still in heavy development. So expect rapid changes. Thanks for the feedback.

I have a folder you'd be fairly interested in. Punch in pokemon tiles on deviant art and go from there. You'll have a cow if you've never done that task before.

@Azure:

> I have a folder you'd be fairly interested in. Punch in pokemon tiles on deviant art and go from there. You'll have a cow if you've never done that task before.

Yeah. That's the 2.5D I was talking about that's on the newer DS games. I kind of like them, but meh. I suppose I'll give it a try and upload another screenshot for comparison. Thanks for the suggestion.

@grizzy:

> its a bit to eye catching. shouldn't there be an option to have that down there? I mean its touch screen on the DS no?

Hm. Well it's supposed to be like the DS's lower screen. When you actually play the game, you don't really focus on the bottom half. But as a screenshot, it does seem eye catchy. The whole purpose of it is just to display the clock (For events) and to be able to access your menu.

i know how the DS works so I think with the right features it would be kinda neat. Will you be able to do everything you normally can in an ORPG from the menu? You should make it atleast a little bigger IMO. Just because the small window could get old but if you have a fullscreen option that really won't matter.

@grizzy:

> I know how the DS works so I think with the right features it would be kinda neat. Will you be able to do everything you normally can in an ORPG from the menu? You should make it atleast a little bigger IMO. Just because the small window could get old but if you have a fullscreen option that really won't matter.

Well, this isn't an online game. It's a single player one, that might possibly have multiplayer battles later on. As for the window, there's full screen and you can resize the window to any size you want.