Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Picture I drew for college

Drummerpete

It looks good, only thing I have to crit is the lower part of the legs resemble just a rounded tube. Try not to always draw exactly what you see, but sometimes think about what you know looks right. For instance, the calf would come out and the ankle would be slimmer. I'm not saying to make a huge difference, only slight curves, they truly make a big difference.

Also, try and go deeper with values. Don't just make things that are covered in light white; make the brightest things on the body white and try to shade the rest, making the darkest parts of the body equal the darkest the pencil can go.

I'm not saying that you SHOULD do this, they're merely recommendations. If your teacher says to do things differently then don't listen to me lol

Good luck, man ;)

@Wraith:

> It looks good, only thing I have to crit is the lower part of the legs resemble just a rounded tube. Try not to always draw exactly what you see, but sometimes think about what you know looks right. For instance, the calf would come out and the ankle would be slimmer. I'm not saying to make a huge difference, only slight curves, they truly make a big difference.
>
> Also, try and go deeper with values. Don't just make things that are covered in light white; make the brightest things on the body white and try to shade the rest, making the darkest parts of the body equal the darkest the pencil can go.
>
> I'm not saying that you SHOULD do this, they're merely recommendations. If your teacher says to do things differently then don't listen to me lol
>
> Good luck, man ;)

Any tips are worthwhile, thanks a lot.

I'm still learning I just though this was an exceptional piece of art for someone who can't draw. xD

@PokemonCraft:

> didn't like it :/

How helpful.

@Roberto:

> My main concern is the shading on the legs. I made them too dark ):

If anything you could go darker!
Here are some old projects I did with charcoal:
![](http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v65/1/15/68132248/n68132248_31652127_5795.jpg)
![](http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v65/1/15/68132248/n68132248_31652120_3873.jpg)