Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MAP PROBLEM BUG/GLITCH OMG

Tic Tac

ENGINE: Project Vertigo Stable

Whenever i try to warp to a map above number 7, everything gets bugged and freezes, i can walk around and jump and stuff but it does this kind of multiply glitch… hold on let me screenshot

HEEELP
![](http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8862/omghelp.jpg)

also when i try to warp to a map above 11 i only get "Receiving map…"
help pls

ok ok I get it but where do I put that piece of code?
And will you help me convert my old items and stuff into origins format?

–--edit

Ok I've decided, I'll start using origins. However, I'll need to convert my old paperdolls and sprites and items and tiles and such into origins format, how do I do that?

---- edit

Sorry sorry sorry im so terribly sorry for the TRIPLE post, I'd like to start using origins but that would mean that I have to re-source and re-make the GUI all over again, so for now.. I'll go with stable. But could you PLEASE tell me where to put that piece of code to prevent rendering problems?

To add that code you need VB6\.

BTW this engine is very very very very VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY! VERY! Buggy…

Dont expect to make a playable game with it... yes its that buggy.

---------EDIT--------------

BTW stop with the double / triple post there is a modify button

Well i think im gonna stick to stable.
Can SOMEONE please look at what i posted first and give me an answer?
Robin gave me one but i dont know where to put the code he gave me….

this one:

' fill it with black
DDS_BackBuffer.BltColorFill rec_pos, 0

>_< what do i do? where do i put it? I have visual basic 6.

OMFG then why did robin post the code in the first place?
just to piss me off?
Just tell me where to put it, give me a hint or whatever and I'll stfu :-(

So i have to do everything all over again?
Make new items, new paperdolls
new GUI, tiles…....
i dont wanna do that.
i just wanna fix this ONE SINGLE problem and i can live in peace.

No, he's helping you more than anyone can help you really. Get with the times. Eclipse Evolution and Stable are gone. The Mirage Source itself is dying. Eclipse Origins is the only Mirage Source engine that is actually with the times.

No, you don't have to do much.

You might have to redo some maps, and input some items date, etc, but the Graphical and Musical side is practically effortless. You'll be fine.

@Tic:

> OMFG then why did robin post the code in the first place?
> just to piss me off?
> Just tell me where to put it, give me a hint or whatever and I'll stfu :-(
>
> So I have to do everything all over again?
> Make new items, new paperdolls
> new GUI, tiles…....
> I dont wanna do that.
> I just wanna fix this ONE SINGLE problem and I can live in peace.

If you don't know where to put that code then you don't know how to sort out the inherent problems in the engine and as such you shouldn't be using it.

You can attribute your preference to being 'old school' or anything else you want but when it comes down to it you're simply choosing to not use the version which is in active development and as such you can't expect us to fix all the little problems in a version of the software which was outdated the moment it was released.

@Tic:

> Ok im gonna throw all of my work to the recycle bin, then im gonna bang my head in the wall and then im gonna live with it.

About fucking time. If you'd just used Origins from the start, you know, when it was released over a year ago, then you wouldn't have this bloody problem. You have no one to blame but yourself.

@Tic:

> ~~ok ok I get it but where do I put that piece of code?And will you help me convert my old items and stuff into origins format?Ok I've decided, I'll start using origins. However, I'll need to convert my old paperdolls and sprites and items and tiles and such into origins format, how do I do that? Sorry sorry sorry im so terribly sorry for the TRIPLE post, [business opportunity](http://www.starscapes.com)[search engine optimisation consultancy](http://www.seomediasite.com)I'd like to start using origins but that would mean that I have to re-source and re-make the GUI all over again, so for now.. I'll go with stable. But could you PLEASE tell me where to put that piece of code to prevent rendering problems?~~

I make sure about this thats the server messing up might just redownload it and add your maps to server and see if it orks

@alsoforum:

> I make sure about this thats the server messing up might just redownload it and add your maps to server and see if it orks

Agreed. I just downloaded PV Stable and messed around with it. I did not seem to get any problems. But honestly, if you are new here you should try to convert to Origins before its too late. If you take the time to learn how to use it, you will progress very fast.

If you are going to use Stable, expect to do things by yourself. As people have mentioned, no one really wants to help with an outdated engine. So as I said, you are going to find you are going to have to discover how to do things on your own…

Which means....Logically, it makes more sense to convert to Origins anyway. Because if the only way you'll learn Stable, by working on your own, tinkering with the engine and using guess and check methods, it makes more sense to do that with Origins where you have people who are willing to confirm your research....Just saying....

But yeah, if your truly a noob, convert to Origins before you find yourself hooked on stable.