Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first tileset, please comment

turbocookie

Hey iv just made my first tileset and I was wanting some comments regarding it.

iv made:
Tree, Naked Tree, Cut Down Tree
Big Rock, Small Rock
Water, Sand, Dirt, Grass

[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/74524decf9ac68f83f75e023c7275d1c.bmp)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#74524decf9ac68f83f75e023c7275d1c.bmp)

Some tips.
You should try to have more variety and smoothness in your tiles. The grasses are repetitive along with the rest of the tiles. Have more variety/edits for each tile of texture. Also, the transition between the tiles should be better. Similarly, the water should be smooth too.

@Snake:

> looks good for a first tileset, but I would say make the transitions between tiles a bit more clear, (so you can actually see the greass overlapping the mud)
> Because at the moment it looks like its just disintergrating.

Well, it kind of does disintergrate, think about when grass gets worn down when walked on a certain spot alot, it goes splotchy kinda

@Andi:

> Some tips.
> You should try to have more variety and smoothness in your tiles. The grasses are repetitive along with the rest of the tiles. Have more variety/edits for each tile of texture. Also, the transition between the tiles should be better. Similarly, the water should be smooth too.

Im not exactly sure on how to make it look smoother, i made this following a guide and a bit of my own editing, the dithering idea was from the guide.

@Roberto:

> The tiles look like you just applied a noise filter (even if that's not what you did, that's how it looks.)
> Try and make the grass look more like grass than a mess of green.

hehehe you good ;) i only started using photoshop yesturday, thats the only effect i could find that is somewhat multiple shades of green, could you share a tip for how to make grass on photoshop? cheers for the feedback btw.