Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 1.3] Fps <= 7

Fulier

Problems with EO [Xmas] have begun, before all was properly. Here a screenshot from EO [1.1]:

>!   ![](http://j.imagehost.org/0472/ILose2.gif)
By the way, in ES [1.3] with fps also problems did not arise.

p.s. I doubt, that a problem in characteristics of my computer.

I'm pointing out that showing that your FPS is higher on a blank map proves nothing. Of course rendering a 14x11 grid of tiles is going to slow it down. Your FPS is below average even when you're not rendering anything! I can do what I can to limit the FPS drop during the looping but I honestly don't see how your machine can run it so damn slow.

@Lavos:

> It maybe a good idea to have a minimum and recommended system requirements for E.O.

That would require me to know what they are.

I've only seen some foreigners with stupidly low FPS or other people who've got an FPS in excess of 200.

Excess 200? I thought 1.3 has a fps limit as i have always strictly 64 fps, however big and complicated map is.

@valterzzz:

> Russia.

Can you please refrain from stereotypical judgment based on nationalism? It's rude to others.

@Antvg:

> Excess 200? I thought 1.3 has a fps limit as I have always strictly 64 fps, however big and complicated map is.

/fpslock

@Antvg:

> Can you please refrain from stereotypical judgment based on nationalism? It's rude to others.

How was that stereotypical at all? Are Russians well known for having slow computers? No. Go read up on the word before throwing it around like a moron.

So far the only people I've had report this problem are a handful of Brazilians and if I take this bloke's word for it a handful of Russians as well.

@DishWasher:

> I have 50 fps on 1.1
>
> in 1.3 I got 22 with luck
>
> guess its a lot of things directdrawed .___.
>
> if you dont like 1.3,go use 1.1
> simple

Having 50fps on 1.1.0 is pretty dire as well actually, considering most people report an FPS around 800\. Suggesting that people use horrifically outdated, buggy and unsupported software just because of a couple of problems is not a valid point and I'm sick and tired of you making it. If you've got nothing useful to add to the discussion then bugger off.

@Robin:

> How was that stereotypical at all? Are Russians well known for having slow computers? No. Go read up on the word before throwing it around like a moron.

About a stereotype it not to you has told. =)

When I use /fpslock on pure map fps > 400, but it is necessary to fill in map with a grass as fps falls up to 7

@Robin:

> /fpslock
>
> How was that stereotypical at all? Are Russians well known for having slow computers? No. Go read up on the word before throwing it around like a moron.
>
> So far the only people I've had report this problem are a handful of Brazilians and if I take this bloke's word for it a handful of Russians as well.
>
> Having 50fps on 1.1.0 is pretty dire as well actually, considering most people report an FPS around 800\. Suggesting that people use horrifically outdated, buggy and unsupported software just because of a couple of problems is not a valid point and I'm sick and tired of you making it. If you've got nothing useful to add to the discussion then bugger off.

Firstly, I've seen about… 5 people report an FPS over 500 and they're almost all the devs. You're completely rude and disrespectful in everything you say, I have a quad core 4GB Ram, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 2.8GHz cpu Windows 7 PC. My FPS changes DRAMATICALLY just for adding a layer of grass on it. I go from about 90FPS to 20-30fps. Yes that is a big issue. If you have no respect for others ROBIN, then don't reply because all you're doing right now is being a major jackass. This is suppose to be a friendly/helpful community and all I see here is you talking down to others as if you are high and mighty. EO is a TERRIBLE setup because of FPS, we understand that and 7FPS is NORMAL for this engine. I use Devo's engine and My FPS has not dropped under 145 and that's with a fully loaded map, loading the map, AND several animated images on the map with music and changing the daytime in game from day to night, I still have the same FPS within a 5fps difference.

So again Robin.. I see that you're a "Developer" on here, But if you're that good, Why not make a new engine in which the FPS isn't such a downfall? I don't see the reason for talking down to users that add input to this site with questions such as "Why does my fps drop so badly"

Playing WOW I have better FPS than this. And that is an EXTREMELY graphic game with all settings on ultra.
I don't really like WOW but my FPS is better than what I get with the EO engine, hence the reason I don't use it currently.

When you have something NICE or polite to say, LEMME KNOW. But until then, please refrain from being a dick just because you think you're high and mighty to us users that do not develop code.

No issues here on my end with a clean 'stock' release of 1.3.0

Getting 900-1200FPS on Server and 250-350FPS on Client with the map and tiles rendered.
I've never seen 500-600+ client side, and I'm running Windows 7, 6GB DDR3, Quad Core ~2.4ghz processor(s) and Dual SLI Nvidia 9800GTs. But 350FPS client side is well above expectations. (It caps at 64 with fpslock enabled).  The SLIs may be a culprit for me only getting 350, it's such a new technology that it has its flaws and doesn't work properly with older products that do not support it (such as DX7)

Cheers

@KDawg08:

> Firstly, I've seen about… 5 people report an FPS over 500 and they're almost all the devs. You're completely rude and disrespectful in everything you say, I have a quad core 4GB Ram, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 2.8GHz cpu Windows 7 PC. My FPS changes DRAMATICALLY just for adding a layer of grass on it. I go from about 90FPS to 20-30fps. Yes that is a big issue. If you have no respect for others ROBIN, then don't reply because all you're doing right now is being a major jackass. This is suppose to be a friendly/helpful community and all I see here is you talking down to others as if you are high and mighty. EO is a TERRIBLE setup because of FPS, we understand that and 7FPS is NORMAL for this engine. I use Devo's engine and My FPS has not dropped under 145 and that's with a fully loaded map, loading the map, AND several animated images on the map with music and changing the daytime in game from day to night, I still have the same FPS within a 5fps difference.
>
> So again Robin.. I see that you're a "Developer" on here, But if you're that good, Why not make a new engine in which the FPS isn't such a downfall? I don't see the reason for talking down to users that add input to this site with questions such as "Why does my fps drop so badly"
>
> Playing WOW I have better FPS than this. And that is an EXTREMELY graphic game with all settings on ultra.
> I don't really like WOW but my FPS is better than what I get with the EO engine, hence the reason I don't use it currently.
>
> When you have something NICE or polite to say, LEMME KNOW. But until then, please refrain from being a stick just because you think you're high and mighty to us users that do not develop code.

lol wth. You obviously don't give a dam when robin is actually nice, try not pull his leg like that.

err… you gave it to your friends... did they connect to you or did they connect to themselves... cause I had that problem...
    You have lag cause you are using the server and the client at the same time, I made my bro connect to my server and he had smooth gameplay ( 60FPS ).
    Guess you have to get a pc to be the server and another one if you want to play  s:
    Btw I don't use Origins anymore... but thought I should help you out... hope this helped someone  ;)