Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO Quest/Item/Tile Source Systems

Richy420Rich

Alright I think I got it working now. To do away with the .ini system… If you already added the .ini system;

Just remove "Call Kill(App.Path & "\data\Accounts\" & Trim$(Name) & ".ini")" from Server (modHandleData) - HandleDelAccount

Then just follow the rest of the instructions after the NPC_TYPE instruction.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ambard:

> Don't worry Richy, Robin's excuse for his bad "Bed Side Manners" are something about his heritage. All in all he is pretty damn cool once you can get past that.
>
> The reason so many people have looked at this is becouse a good game engine just can not be without a quest and skill system. In fact when Robin had his shop I do belive one of the biggest requests for custom work was a quest system.
>   I'm sure Robin is slowely gearing up the engine so that when the time is right he can properly implement a proper quest and skill sytem. If he has no plans to do so then EO will be totaly pointless for most people.

Lol yeah I know he's cool. I just got a bit offended by his statement.. I know I'm not as advanced at this shit than he is, I don't expect an A for effort, but I know I deserve better than an F..

@iSkweek:

> I had all of that in there haha. I might just leave it til I understand it all a bit more, thanks though :)

Did you add this to the PlayerMove?

Server Side (modPlayer) - PlayerMove

Above this code;

' They tried to hack
    If Moved = NO Then
        Call PlayerWarp(index, GetPlayerMap(index), GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index))
    End If

Add this;

```
                If .Type = TILE_TYPE_SCRIPTED Then
            Call TileScript(index, .Data1)
            Moved = YES
        End If

```
^^ Make sure the End With is after this code, not before it. ^^

It works perfectly in mine. So it should work the same if everything was placed as was posted.

@Richy:

> Lol yeah I know he's cool. I just got a bit offended by his statement.. I know I'm not as advanced at this shit than he is, I don't expect an A for effort, but I know I deserve better than an F..

If I didn't think it had potential I wouldn't have bothered even posting. If I give criticism about something it generally means that the rest of it seems okay (or I didn't look). I was simply telling you to look through Origins to see how to do things.

The standards in 2.7 really are dire. It's not an insult to you, it's fairly obvious that someone working in 2.7 is going to base their programming style on that. Just saying that the kind of INI system you're using was the standard back in '04\. Things have moved on a lot since then.

As for my comment about it being a cheap port of a SadScript system, I stand by that even if you do think it's an insult. The structure and format are simply the kind of thing you'd do in SadScript. Again, not an insult simply an observation

@Robin:

> If I didn't think it had potential I wouldn't have bothered even posting. If I give criticism about something it generally means that the rest of it seems okay (or I didn't look). I was simply telling you to look through Origins to see how to do things.
>
> The standards in 2.7 really are dire. It's not an insult to you, it's fairly obvious that someone working in 2.7 is going to base their programming style on that. Just saying that the kind of INI system you're using was the standard back in '04\. Things have moved on a lot since then.
>
> As for my comment about it being a cheap port of a SadScript system, I stand by that even if you do think it's an insult. The structure and format are simply the kind of thing you'd do in SadScript. Again, not an insult simply an observation

All good Robin I see what you meant about the ini system. Not only does it slow performance, it also creates a nasty mess in the account folder. At the time I admit I was just lazy to learn/have it into the Player(index). Thanks for showing me right with it.

@Dami:

> questrec, im noob too, but I would do something like, adding a quest in playerrec.
>
> like:
>
> ```
> IN playerrec
>
> Quest(1 to 250) as Questrec
>
> ```
> and then in questrec, have certain entries, for example…
>
> ```
> Type QuestRec
> QuestNr as Long
> NpcNr as long
> Rewarditem1 as long
> NeedItem1 as Long
> end Type
>
> ```
> just a example I put down out of my head xd
>
> Dami

Thanks Dami for showing me that, it showed me I did need a type in the PlayerRec.. Before I had it all going to another type, which didn't save in the Player(index). That's where I was stuck with it before.

@leopoldobb:

> You forget the spell scripted .. u-u
> haha, I'm joking.
> If possible, make a tutorial about this!
> Thanks.

I'll have a look at it but I can't promise. I had more love for the scripted items than I did scripted spells. Mainly for the "one time use"..

It's VERY good, and I like it. Feels like a compiled form of scripting (yeah, I know that the sadscripting was basic itself, or kind of). It has that much of ways to make quests that simply is lovely :3\. With a little improvement, it could be the ultimate one >=D.
As for example, it's easy to merge it with any visual text hud (NPC Speechbox as example) to get nice conversations.

Great work,
L'ark Mitsinikos

Please Help! ^^
I follow the tut step by step but…
I got this error when im trying to compile
the same as iSkweek
Thx ;)

SERVER SIDE
.Type
```
' They tried to hack
    If Moved = NO Then
        Call PlayerWarp(index, GetPlayerMap(index), GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index))
    End If
                    If [color].Type[/color] = TILE_TYPE_SCRIPTED Then
            Call TileScript(index, .Data1)
            Moved = YES
        End If

End Sub             

```
CLIENT SIDE
TileScript
```
If frmEditor_Map.optScript.Value Then
                .Type = TILE_TYPE_SCRIPTED