Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Centralising Map

momoelz

He means, say the map was smaller than 14 by 11, would it be possible to have the result centralized, not in the top-left corner, or wherever it is.

I'm pretty sure you can't, without messing up any of the larger maps.

Edit: Although, if I am wrong about what you meant, and you're talking about the GUI, simply open the Client VBP, and open the frmMain, or something like that. Forgot which one it was.

Move around the things to where you want them, Fully Compile, Save, and Make your Exe, in VB6.

I think what he wants is for the player to be at the center of the camera no matter where in the map he is located. For instance by default, if you are in the bottom corner, the camera will stop following and just move the player.

A (burdensome) workaround could be to extend the boundaries of your map, and put the respective tiles of the next map there, but put Warp attributes down before the camera actually hits the edge, so when the player is walking the camera will continue to scroll, and warp the player before actually hitting the map's edge.

I can't believe none of you guys understand what he's talking about.

Image 1:

Alright, so the **O's are the map**. Currently, if the map is smaller than the picScreen, the map displays at the bottom left. X is nothing.
```
X X X X X
X X X X X
X X O O O
X X O O O

```
Image 2:
He wants it so that the map is centralized.
```
X X X X X
X O O O X
X O O O X 
X X X X X

```

To answer: you need Visual Basic 6 to do so. Or, you could just make the map the same size as picscreen, add warps to the right spots, and put the blank tiles all around it.

@Soul:

> I can't believe none of you guys understand what he's talking about.
>
> Image 1:
>
> Alright, so the **O's are the map**. Currently, if the map is smaller than the picScreen, the map displays at the bottom left. X is nothing.
> ```
> X X X X X
> X X X X X
> X X O O O
> X X O O O
>
> ```
> Image 2:
> He wants it so that the map is centralized.
> ```
> X X X X X
> X O O O X
> X O O O X 
> X X X X X
>
> ```
>
> To answer: you need Visual Basic 6 to do so. Or, you could just make the map the same size as picscreen, add warps to the right spots, and put the blank tiles all around it.

That's exactly what I was on about. >.>

soul thats what i meant xD and I know i need vb6 but what i dun know how todo it?

I think it would be helpful to know where in code the map will be generated. I think idk if its possible, but when i check once the X coords and tehy are smallery than the X Coords of the Screen which are I think 14 than I Take the Difference btw X coords of Map and Max X Coords and start the map from the half Difference same with y:

like:

Map:X=5 Y=5
Max:X=14 Y=11

14-5= 9

9 Is How many coords on both sides! SO I do /2

=> 4,5 => I have to make it to 4.

If MapX < MaxX Then
  (MaxX-MapX)/2 = StartingX
End
… somehow let mape now start from StartingX

Why devided through 2? Because the Difference is on both Sides togher