Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free Programming Tutorials

Helladen

**Helladen's Free Programming Shop**

**Description:**
This topic provides free programming tutorials requested by users. Simply post what you want with a description. You may use images or anything needed to get the point across. I will only take them from users who have a work in progress and have at least 50 posts. Any major edits the user will be required to have more than this.

**Rules and Guidelines:**
I will keep all tutorials made in this topic, they will not be made privately. It's sort of a community thing to get some tutorials for people to use.

I will provide 1 tutorial for each project. I will not make you more if you abandon a project and come back. You need to be committed to your project if you want help. If your an active project and it's interesting to me, I may do more for you. It depends mostly on the project and how impressive it is.

If your wanting to request something private and for your game's use only talk with me in a personal message. (I can make a current tutorial better or make one from scratch).

**Terms of Use:**
Terms of using these tutorials are just to credit me. Simple as that, no catches.

**Current Requests:**
1\. Sekaru - Capture the Flag

**Completed Requests:**
1\. NightmareX91 - Basic Pet System
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,69442.new.html#new

Regards,
**Helladen**

Cool :o May I start?

Game Name: Dark Fortress
Tutorial required: Pets? If not, Day/Night
Game about: A dark fortress found inside a forest and inside that forest lies evil monsters that protect the fortress (I need a better storyline, yes.)
How I want it: I want it so to get a pet you must be level 25.

Thanks in advance :D

Missed this cause I modified my post: (Be more descriptive on how you would want it and show me your work in progress. :P).

But pets would be easier to do than a good day and night system. You could use Eclipse Stable's, but it is very laggy and I'm not an expert at Direct Draw.

@Helladen:

> Missed this cause I modified my post: (Be more descriptive on how you would want it and show me your work in progress. :P).
>
> But pets would be easier to do than a good day and night system. You could use Eclipse Stable's, but it is very laggy and I'm not an expert at Direct Draw.

Edited my post, as for the WIP, not had time for a topic yet.

Game Name: Currently Unnamed. It's in good progress though.
Tutorial required, and How I'd like it: When you get close to an enemy, fade in to a battle music. When you beat them, or walk away, fade back into whatever was playing before. If not that, then maybe Eyecatches?

**EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that you required a work in progress thread. Ignore this, please.**

hi :D

Game Name: ZaH (zelda awaken the heroes)
Tutorial required: add destructible objects who display a animation like cut grass breake doors or rocks and let you pass over
Game about: is a zelda alttp map remake i have donde the sprites an tilesets and the first town. waiting for the final eo or something xD but working.
pics? if i make a serius team i upload and make the thread
Thanks in advance :D

HammerR your denied you need to get more posts. (50 is the minimum requirement and don't spam to get them please).

@Pikachu!:

> Game Name: Currently Unnamed. It's in good progress though.
> Tutorial required, and How I'd like it: When you get close to an enemy, fade in to a battle music. When you beat them, or walk away, fade back into whatever was playing before. If not that, then maybe Eyecatches?
>
> **EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that you required a work in progress thread. Ignore this, please.**

That seems like a good idea. I might consider doing it anyway.

@NightmareX91:

> Thanks a bunch. But remember. If it is too complex for you to do then just do day/night c: I will still be very greatful for the tutorial :D

I'm making it very basic since the work you put into your application was minimal. (So don't expect it to be more than displaying the pet, being able to set the sprite, and the requirements would work like any other item).

@Helladen:

> HammerR your denied you need to get more posts. (50 is the minimum requirement and don't spam to get them please).
>
> That seems like a good idea. I might consider doing it anyway.
>
> I'm making it very basic since the work you put into your application was minimal. (So don't expect it to be more than displaying the pet, being able to set the sprite, and the requirements would work like any other item).

I don't need some huge WoW pet system. I'm sure what your making will be enough for me c:

Game Name: Avian Online.

Tutorial: A battleground system, specifically a Capture the Flag battleground. Players will be able to queue up on some sort of tile, a red team and a blue team tile, once the player steps on a team tile he will be warped to the group's queue map, once there are 3 players on that queue map the team will be formed for that side and players will not be able to enter to anymore. Once there are 3 players in each team the game starts and no one can enter unless someone leaves.

The objective is to run into the other team's base, pickup the flag 'item' (can be anything to be honest), run back to their own base, and drop it on the flag capture tile. It'll display "Blue Team: Flag Captures: 2/3" (just for simplicity so they don't have to keep score). The team who manages to successfully captures the flag 3 times are all rewarded with a currency item.

@Sekaru:

> Game Name: Avian Online.
>
> Tutorial: A battleground system, specifically a Capture the Flag battleground. Players will be able to queue up on some sort of tile, a red team and a blue team tile, once the player steps on a team tile he will be warped to the group's queue map, once there are 3 players on that queue map the team will be formed for that side and players will not be able to enter to anymore. Once there are 3 players in each team the game starts and no one can enter unless someone leaves.
>
> The objective is to run into the other team's base, pickup the flag 'item' (can be anything to be honest), run back to their own base, and drop it on the flag capture tile. It'll display "Blue Team: Flag Captures: 2/3" (just for simplicity so they don't have to keep score). The team who manages to successfully captures the flag 3 times are all rewarded with a currency item.

I wrote something extensive for my XtremeWorlds game so it should be easy to implement. I want it for my game too so it's an advantage of making it better. :)

@Sekaru:

> Game Name: Avian Online.
>
> Tutorial: A battleground system, specifically a Capture the Flag battleground. Players will be able to queue up on some sort of tile, a red team and a blue team tile, once the player steps on a team tile he will be warped to the group's queue map, once there are 3 players on that queue map the team will be formed for that side and players will not be able to enter to anymore. Once there are 3 players in each team the game starts and no one can enter unless someone leaves.
>
> The objective is to run into the other team's base, pickup the flag 'item' (can be anything to be honest), run back to their own base, and drop it on the flag capture tile. It'll display "Blue Team: Flag Captures: 2/3" (just for simplicity so they don't have to keep score). The team who manages to successfully captures the flag 3 times are all rewarded with a currency item.

I wrote one for eclipse stable exactly like that. It's in the scripting section. Could be easily converted.

Update.
Basic Pet System released.

I finished the Battle Music on my engine, but I do not think if it will be wise to release as a tutorial, mostly because it modifies the npc targets a lot. As in it sends them every time they are modified. So this request has been denied, sorry.

@Pikachu!:

> Oh, that's a shame…Although, could you possibly post a video of it? So I can get the idea of how it might work...?

I don't feel like making it work with the regular EO becuase I'm not sure how the CurrentMusic is set and such. You need to add a packet on server side that sends the target whenever it is changed. For example, you need to send this packet whenever it is changed and in GameLoop under tmr100 provide a check for battle music based on the npc target. It takes awhile to get it to work well, but sorry I couldn't write a tutorial for this. The code is just so different on mine in this area.