Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Staff Invisibility

After following this tutorial your staff members will be able to make themselves invisible/visible with a command. 

**Client Side:**
First, the actual command. Place this code above "Mapper Admin Commands":

```
                    ' Visibility
                Case "/visible"
                    If GetPlayerAccess(MyIndex) < ADMIN_MONITOR Then GoTo Continue

frmMain.optVON.Value = True = Not frmMain.optVON.Value = True

If frmMain.optVON.Value = False Then
                    frmMain.optVOff.Value = True

If frmMain.optVOff.Value = False Then
                    frmMain.optVON.Value = True

End If
                    End If
```
Next, search for "Sub DrawPlayerName" and after:

```
    ' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
    If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler
```
Add:

```
If frmMain.optVOff.Value = True Then Exit Sub
``` **Formwork:**

Now create two option buttons in picOptions. Name one optVOn and one optVOff, here's how I've arranged it:

![](http://i.imgur.com/TIVPB.png)

For the sake of convenience I've just made them all ("Visibility" label included) invisible (visible = false). Its your choice whether you make a proper option that saves and is only visible to staff.

Also make sure that optVOn's value = True. You can make it so through the Properties bar. Or even add:

```
optVOn.value = True
```

to Sub Form_Load in frmMain.

Finally, add this code anywhere in the frmMain code:

```
Private Sub optVON_Click()

SendSetSprite 194

End Sub

Private Sub optVOff_Click()

SendSetSprite 300

End Sub
```
You can change the '300' to anything (preferably a number higher than your current number of sprites), just don't make it ridiculously high or it'll error you in-game.

And thats about it, now just use /visible to turn visibility on and off.

I said you could change it to whatever fits you best. Sprite not found doesn't happen for me for some reason, but if it does happen to you then make an invisible 500th sprite or something.

Dont worry about it man, everyones a newb at some point.

First open your source, click the Forms branch, then click FrmMain.

You should see something like this:

![](http://I.imgur.com/feBdb.png)

You basically click the option button button, and click and drag on your picOptions. You can find your picOptions by right clicking the picParty and click "Send to the back", do that until you get to picOptions and then create your option button.

After that you'll need to change the name. You can change the name in the properties panel to the side, here's a pic:

![](http://I.imgur.com/qvQp4.png)

If you scroll down even further on the properties panel you'll find a field called "Value" click the dropdown next to it and change that into true (for OptVOn only).

Not finished, it's up for people to test though. Go to the News and Announcements board, you'll find a topic called 1.2.6 Release, thats where you'll find the download.

wait….. I'm sorry for all the questions, but when you make the box for the option, how do you switch to the options panel so you can make the option? Also, where do you enter the code? All you said before was to enter it into the client thing, but I couldn't find it....  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Where I said you put it, above "Mapper Admin Commands" do ctrl - f "Mapper Admin Commands" into the textbox in the search, click All Project, then paste the code above.

Wouldn't it be better to add an Invisibility tag to the user UDT? And simply skip rendering the player along with it's name for anyone other then the player himself? (Or a seperate UDT not to mess up your old account data..) I'd imagine that to be a far more efficient and 'proper'  way.