Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zombie Apocalypse

Niko

I know theirs a few other zombie games being worked on currently, but I too am starting one with custom graphics done by me. This will be my sort of w.i.p thread for a while. because the only thing being worked on currently is graphics.

Here's my rough idea for the main menu gui. How final is it? I'm not totally sure. Will i be keeping this all… i'm not sure.
![](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/BigNiko188/guibase2.png)

Next some tiles. I don't have tons of tiles yet. I just started. dead tree, grass, default blood, all road and side walk tiles. Some start to house tiles. And these temporary zombie sprite which i found. I'm going to further edit them soon or use for a base.
![](http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/BigNiko188/lilscreenie.png)

lol. No 2012 wasnt caused by zombies, ha people are so critical. I just slapped that sig together because the buildings and scenery in game are going to be wrecked and ruined because its the apocalypse. Zombies just happen to be running around.

I like it except the sidewalk seams should be a lighter color, there is too much contrast with them now. Also I think the corner sidewalk out into the street should be rounded. Also you should darken the outer outline of the roof and building tiles, since they are up in the air above the lower tiles.

One tile error I think you have, is the east side building edge tiles don't line up correctly with the middle brick tiles.

But visually they look good and are great for the setting; gloomy and gritty but still clean to be functional for gameplay purposes.

Thanks anna, their will be outlines on the building tiles, its just the start so its just the basic tiles. And thanks for pointing out the tiling error with the east side of that building. didn't notice.

Edit:Damn Im already thinking about switching my idea and starting to pixel a new game. lol. unless im persuaded to keep this. If not, if anybody out their is making a cool zombie game and want a real nice gui I'd be willing to finish the set for someone worthy.

@Reaper, I agree with chief on this one. that banner is horrible and looks like you slapped it together in 15 seconds on photoshop. The little banner in my sig only took me three minutes and it at-least looks presentable. You just added font over a picture and set the color to red. No hate my friend but i have a quality assurance type of thing i abide by.