Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nogard Online

Lycrios

I'm writing my own version of Eclipse in JAVA. I have a preview available on my website. http://nogardonline.com/game.php
Login Info:
Username:  tempUser
Password:  tempPass

Controls:
    Walk around with arrow-keys.
Please take a look and let me know what you think.

>! Updare 2.0.1
  Brand New Login Screen. Now with a fancy ass GUI.
  Also has instancing so each player that logins in is a orange circle.
>! Update 1.1.9
  Finally set up multi-threading image buffering to make a loading screen functional.
>! Update 1.1.6
  Set up a map data type. So maps can be saved and loaded.

Progress:
–--–------------------------

Looking good so far man. A little glitchy when you change directions (but maybe thats just lag). Keep it up.
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

@Soul:

> Fabio is already doing this. It's called Solar Eclipse.

He is still? Didn't know hm..

Well, I've currently made a large number of updates. There is now map reading, it reads maps from data files. So there is no longer random maps. Player login info is now required to play. And finally I've got ground, mask, and fringe layers running smoothly!
YAY PROGRESS!

@Soul:

> Fabio is already doing this. It's called Solar Eclipse.

trollface.jpg?

@koshar29:

> Well, I've currently made a large number of updates. There is now map reading, it reads maps from data files. So there is no longer random maps. Player login info is now required to play. And finally I've got ground, mask, and fringe layers running smoothly!
> YAY PROGRESS!

Sounds nice! Have you achieved player movement yet?

• 3 weeks later...
I am really looking forward to future updates, it currently looks very promising.
Good luck.
If it is any help beside coding you need, pm me and i will help you best as i can.

@Soul:

> I'm not trolling. >_>
>
> Just informing him that it's pointless to make such a thing if it's already being developed and exists.

Fabio is working for what now… 2 years or something?
Progress is next to stopped as far as i see.

@Nomtek:

> I am really looking forward to future updates, it currently looks very promising.
> Good luck.
> If it is any help beside coding you need, pm me and i will help you best as i can.

Thanks for the support. :) I've almost finished implementing the block attribute, and I'm 90% complete the map editor.

At this point, I believe I'm going to make Nogard into a full blown MMORPG. So I think I might be keeping this closed-source. I'm going to make it to the best of my abilities, I've almost finished implementing Block Attributes.

@koshar29:

> At this point, I believe I'm going to make Nogard into a full blown MMORPG. So I think I might be keeping this closed-source. I'm going to make it to the best of my abilities, I've almost finished implementing Block Attributes.

Too bad.

Wait, Solar Eclipse was finished…. in a few hours?  Well, I could search the forums for the completed work and spice it up rather than make my own.  I remember trying to follow it a little bit back when I first heard it mentioned but I didn't know it actually made it anywhere.