Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Walking through players

> Put it below 'For i = 1 To Map.CurrentEvents'
>
> Maybe a dig? IDK, but I was doing this and saw the post so I figured I'd chime in even if it's obvious.

Well its just a case of exiting out if the player is going to hit an event.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, sorry for the necro on this thread, but I just wanted to let you know that Miguk's suggestion does indeed work.

If you place the event chunk above the player tile chunk, it will allow players to walk through eachother but not through your NPCs/Events!

So if you would like, Sekaru, I can post a modified version of your tutorial under the tutorial forums if you'd like! C:

• 2 months later...
Well, something strange is happening to me…

I was using 2.3 and really wanted this function to work, so I did as it says, for some reason, it did not work, so I kept trying ALL options given here, after no success with any of them I tried to use a function where it did not check anything, just return a TRUE value...

Still did not work, after being pretty annoyed I deleted the CheckDirection Function... I found that it still worked... so I decided to delete the entire modGameLogic file... AND STILL WORKING!

So my question is, does this work only for 2.0? Do 2.3 read the BAS files or they are just decoration? What about 3.0? (I also tried other custom engines but since there seems to have some problems with authors I will just not mention them and focus on 2.3 and 3.0)

you can just put the loop in an if statement if the the map is safe the loop will not be executed but the rest of the sub will avoiding some of the bugs that have been reported

```

' Check to see if a player is already on that tile

if Map.Moral <> MAP_MORAL_SAFE then

For i = 1 To Player_HighIndex

If IsPlaying(i) And GetPlayerMap(i) = GetPlayerMap(MyIndex) Then

If GetPlayerX(i) = x Then

If GetPlayerY(i) = Y Then

CheckDirection = True

Exit Function

End If

End If

End If

Next i

End If

```

I tried that, nothing.

Inside my modGameLogic this is what is written rightnow (and I am not joking):

> Hello! I am great! This file is useless ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

How can the engine still work??? I mean, I expected some kind of error of X lost variables and stuff like that, but the points is that all works perfectly fine inside the game… that is why I asked about the .BAS files

What I suspect is that the engine does not read those files, that could be the reason why game still works... but if it does not read them... then where is the information about all functions, vars, etc.?

> How can the engine still work??? I mean, I expected some kind of error of X lost variables and stuff like that, but the points is that all works perfectly fine inside the game… that is why I asked about the .BAS files

Thinking logically for a moment, why would the files be there if they were unused? The BAS files store the module's code. You have a modGeneral.bas and a modGeneral in VB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
> How can I fix it from moving threw events? Or do I just remove this whole system?

Move this:

For i = 1 To Map.CurrentEvents

If Map.MapEvents(i).Visible = 1 Then

If Map.MapEvents(i).x = x Then

If Map.MapEvents(i).y = y Then

If Map.MapEvents(i).WalkThrough = 0 Then

CheckDirection = True

Exit Function

End If

End If

End If

End If