Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Request] Day/night tileset

J. Black

At first, sorry about my english.

I wanted to write a day/night system based on tilesets and charsets but even after weeks I couldn't write nothing.

The system I wanted is something like this:

* The time will be based on the server time (and the night period will be setted on the source)
* Every tileset and charset (and paperdolls) will have a "nightly" .bmp. (example: 1.bmp and 1n.bmp)
* Every X pm, the tilesets and charsets will change to the n.bmp
* In the map properties will have a checkbox like "not change day/night" to be used in caves and dungeons, so the tilesets and the charsets will not change.
* The NPCs will have a radio button to select when they gonna spawn (day only/night only/day and night), useful for some kind of monsters.
* When its night, the "day NPCs" will disappear and vice versa.

What do you guys think? It's possible? If someone could help help me, I'll be very thankful.

**Edit:** I'm using an custom version of EO 2.3 (DX7).

I'm no programmer however I believe that its much simpler. Create a blank black background, set it to whatever transparency fits you, and then code it so it overlays that image over the maps.

Sorry, no time at the moment to try to help, but the least I can do is help specify a few things…

> […] set it to whatever transparency fits you […]

> […] .bmp. (example: 1.bmp and 1n.bmp) […]

They're using BMPs, suggesting that they're not using DX8\. Would-be helpers, please note that!

> I'm no programmer however I believe that its much simpler. Create a blank black background, set it to whatever transparency fits you, and then code it so it overlays that image over the maps.

The night tilesets and other graphics will have much more than a dark color. Will be lights in the windows and things like this. I saw some "dark" scripts, but nothing like I want.

> Sorry, no time at the moment to try to help, but the least I can do is help specify a few things…
>
>  
>
>  
>
> They're using BMPs, suggesting that they're not using DX8\. Would-be helpers, please note that!

You're right. I'm using DX7\. I will update the topic. Thanks.

> Theirs a night system already by justin which will cover most of your requests look in tutorial sections for it as for the map editor thing just make a checkbox then send a check to the server and when it calls night change if its checked then exit and so on.

If you men this [http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129374-dx7-daynight-system/](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129374-dx7-daynight-system/)it covers nothing I said. The Justn's system is just a layer with a timer.

> justns is just a night tileset that changes on a timer. You have to take night tiles and place on the map it could be altered to work with what you want

What it does is to put a new layer that shows only when is night. What I want is to change the tilesets of the houses, trees, ground and everything else. I want to have a "nightly" tileset for each one (and charsets, and NPC that spaws only at night et cetera). I don't think a dark layer is a good night system. What about the lights in the windows? The blue color of things reflecting the moon light?

Justn's system doesn't do what I want. If you read with more attention what I wrote, you'll see that is something completely different;

> What it does is to put a new layer that shows only when is night. What I want is to change the tilesets of the houses, trees, ground and everything else. I want to have a "nightly" tileset for each one (and charsets, and NPC that spaws only at night et cetera). I don't think a dark layer is a good night system. What about the lights in the windows? The blue color of things reflecting the moon light?
>
> Justn's system doesn't do what I want. If you read with more attention what I wrote, you'll see that is something completely different;

So you want to have a day tileset and a night tileset and at night it just loads the night tileset?

> So you want to have a day tileset and a night tileset and at night it just loads the night tileset?

What he wants is clearly explained in the first post. I mean c'mon. Its not that hard to understand that no current day/night system that has been released is a match for his requirements nor is it beneficial to modify any existing system when writing your own would be better.

> What he wants is clearly explained in the first post. I mean c'mon. Its not that hard to understand that no current day/night system that has been released is a match for his requirements nor is it beneficial to modify any existing system when writing your own would be better.

well i got confused first time i read it but read it again makes more sense now haha    J. Black if you want help with this pm me