Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Temporarily increasing player speed

VBsix

Thought I could easily create a skill that temporarily increases a players speed by editing the stun code a little bit.

I thought I could do it something like this:

In Sub PlayerMove just under the 'stop them from moving if stunned' I would add

If Spell.DashDuration > 0 then

player movement = (RUN_SPEED + DashSpeed)

That would be followed by the select case for each of the movement directions.

Dash duration and dash speed would both be modifiable in the in-game editor same way the stuns are modifiable.

Problem is it seems nothing is using the RUN_SPEED variable.

How and where would I add something that can change temporarily the movement speed?

> wouldn't that just change the normal speed he wants a skill that temporary changes the speed

Movement is completely client-sided. It's been a flaw with Mirage Source for a very long time, movement speed can be hacked quite easily, because all you have to do is change the time it updates in the client.

Well, you'll have to make your new stat and then add something like this to the running speed

```
Case MOVING_RUNNING: MovementSpeed = RUN_SPEED + (Player(MyIndex).Stat(Agility) / 15)

```
But change the Agility to something else, next (I think, I'm going logical guessing here) you'll want to go to the sever and have it check how long the player has been running for and to see what their sprint duration stat is. Hope this helps?