Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lowest Spec for Eclipse Origin

Rithy58

It's s simple question open for discussion.
**What is the lowest spec you were able to run Eclipse Origin v2?**

For me, it was
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz
RAM: 512 MB
HDD: 60GB
Graphic: Integrated with 128 Video Memory
Sound: On-Board
Network: Cable but limited to 56kbits/sec

Sincerely,
Rithy

EO doesn't use video memory, so you don't need a graphics card.

It uses about ~30mB of RAM depending on how you set out your tilesets.

If your client is taking up 60gB of HDD space then you've done something seriously wrong. My stuff takes up ~30mB.

Oh no, that's just the spec of the PC.
Of course EO use less resources. I just tested the game with a few of my friends and everyone can run the game very smoothly.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone with a PC that can't run EO or run very slowly/laggy.

Sincerely,
Rithy

I was actually about to make a thread about this, but I guess I'll post it here. If someone could answer, it would be really helpful. Basically, I might be getting a new laptop soon. My current laptop can run Origins fine. However, this laptop is worse. I know it sounds stupid to be getting a worse laptop, but I only use it for basic stuff. I don't even need a powerful laptop. The only game program I use on it is Eclipse. The reason I'm even getting the laptop is because it has things on it that I need.

Anyway, my question is, if I get this new laptop, will it be able to run EO without any problems?

Windows 7 Home Premium
1.6 GHz AMD E-Series E-350 dual-core processor (1 MB KB L2 cache; 1066 MHz front-side bus, or FSB)
3 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz; upgradeable to 8 GB)
ATI Radeon HD 6310 graphics card

I would imagine it can, but I just wanted to make sure. My game on EO runs fine on my current laptop.

@Tarou:

> I was actually about to make a thread about this, but I guess I'll post it here. If someone could answer, it would be really helpful. Basically, I might be getting a new laptop soon. My current laptop can run Origins fine. However, this laptop is worse. I know it sounds stupid to be getting a worse laptop, but I only use it for basic stuff. I don't even need a powerful laptop. The only game program I use on it is Eclipse. The reason I'm even getting the laptop is because it has things on it that I need.
>
> Anyway, my question is, if I get this new laptop, will it be able to run EO without any problems?
>
> Windows 7 Home Premium
> 1.6 GHz AMD E-Series E-350 dual-core processor (1 MB KB L2 cache; 1066 MHz front-side bus, or FSB)
> 3 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz; upgradeable to 8 GB)
> ATI Radeon HD 6310 graphics card
>
> I would imagine it can, but I just wanted to make sure. My game on EO runs fine on my current laptop.

get a desktop.

• 4 weeks later...
@Reign:

> EO doesn't use video memory, so you don't need a graphics card.
>
> It uses about ~30mB of RAM depending on how you set out your tilesets.
>
> If your client is taking up 60gB of HDD space then you've done something seriously wrong. My stuff takes up ~30mB.

Did you seriously take out using video memory?

––-----------

Eclipse origins should run on a machine around 800Mhz without any problems.  Its pretty heavily optimized and on top of that its just basic directdraw stuff.

Edit: well I tried out using video memory but my geforce gtx 470 absolutely refuses to wake up for directdraw.  When I used a geforce 6600 oc, with video memory I would get almost 900 fps.  Fun stuff

Plz report your unlocked fps

Also ms4 was designed to be bogged down And still run fine.

I just ran some tests myself.

Eclipse origins - system memory 640 fps
Ms4 - video memory 780 fps (goes to 607 fps after alt tab and returning to game, don't know why)
ms4 - system memory 1200 fps

Based on these tests, a huge bottle neck must exist if the fps drops by 50%.

I would suggest you time functions to find the bottleneck

• 2 weeks later...