Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grass Tile Attemps [Iso]

Ice - Fire

did you mean like this?

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/93c04957881fb66571f78b96495bd965.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/8198ac94306e6c2195f1617dd9cbbc12.png)

Btw: I noticed the obvious tile lines, I'm fixing them now.

@Jaiden:

> No no, now it's just brighter. Keep it that same green, but add a variation of greens under the "blades" of grass that you drew.

Ah, okay I thought you meant the blades themselves so I added another blade color, i'll try tht now.

Lukin, I stated that but decided I disliked the grass to even attempt a fix.

@Ice:

> Ah, okay I thought you meant the blades themselves so I added another blade color, i'll try tht now.
>
> Lukin, I stated that but decided I disliked the grass to even attempt a fix.

Well the variation in blade color is good, but there should also be a variation in base color.

Is this what you were looking for?

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/1862971edbafa178f8f7d03853e304b1.png)

I'm liking this one more then my other two attempts.

tiled:

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/8e7ecb1857b86b20fa87057aa74c5750.png)

@blkcrow:

> i have said that again but… your texture is only dots not realistic at all try making weird shapes and stuff like that and see how it looks

It's not meant to be realistic. Let him keep his style, it's unique.
It just needs a little bit of modification.

@blkcrow:

> i have said that again but… your texture is only dots not realistic at all try making weird shapes and stuff like that and see how it looks

…, I got to be honest I just now noticed your post, and its a type of texture its own, i'll be trying my hand at other textures but its a place to start, you dont start building an empire if you dont have a town. (lol horrible saying)

actually Jaiden is right it doesnt have to be realistic. i just think that texture is important when you want to make good pixel art but thats just my opinium. well i am not into this art stuff

XP anyway you probably havent understand a thing i said with my crap english
btw you are pretty good at eliminating the grid. overal i think you are prety good for a beginer

@blkcrow:

> actually Jaiden is right it doesnt have to be realistic. i just think that texture is important when you want to make good pixel art but thats just my opinium. well i am not into this art stuff
>
> XP anyway you probably havent understand a thing i said with my crap english
> btw you are pretty good at eliminating the grid. overal i think you are prety good for a beginer

Thanks for the positive comment, I have no problem understanding you. ;D

@Peteyyy:

> Why are your tiles so big?

as crazy as it may seem, I have them large as the system I'm going to use will tile the ground on a separate tiling system, at least that's the plan for now. if I decide this looks bad with the graphics and the size of the graphics ill change it, its to help further eliminate the grid by having walking animations and objects run on a smaller tiling system then the ground

Hey man! Not sure what program you use, but I suggest a program (creatively!) called Tileset Maker.

You can make the tiles flat then use an effect that switches them to iso tiles, and it also provides a 'colorize' effect which, when drafted lightly, can add a huge dynamic and seamless mend to your tiles :)