Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movement like in space

Painful

I've no idea to do this, I don't know if this require much work. Can someone do a tutorial for me on how to do this.

Note: This is pretty much what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVMfBWKTDic (Look at the movement)

Thank you very much.

I dont even think robin would have the slightest Idea where to start. Unless your a GOD with programming and andvanced Trigonometry this isn't going to happen,  ever. 

What is WAY more possible is to make a new map type, a zero grave map type. have all movement be animated sliding. and add a slight bobbing motion to the avatar. Realisticly, that will be the closest you can get.

P.S. I will not build a tutorial on how to do the "simple version" I told you about.

:huh: is it really so complex??

in my mind is something like this:

first you create a variable to hold your speed. this will be set to 0 when stopped
then when you press a direction button your speed will increase over time until it reaches max speed creating an acceleration effect
and then when you release the direction button your speed will decrease over time (your character will still be moving till speed = 0) creating a deceleration effect

i dont know if you get what i am saying but whatever

@RyokuHasu:

> I dont even think robin would have the slightest Idea where to start. Unless your a GOD with programming and andvanced Trigonometry this isn't going to happen,  ever.

wat. You must have spent far too time watching people on here struggling with Guild systems because you have a very warped perspective of what's "hard" to program.

Having movement in space is probably one of the easiest types of movements to program in. I did this in one of my first ever video game projects back when I was _10 years old._ It was easy in QBASIC and it's easy in VB6\. Having a basic understanding of acceleration and angles is all you need. Oh, and you need to know the basics of programming as well, which 90% of this community fails at.

What makes it a hard job is having it work in an ORPG environment. For one the grid-based mapping system just wouldn't work at all and having players move around seamlessly on other people's screens with a high latency would be a real slut to handle.

Anyway, Origins simply isn't designed for something like that. Go write your own game engine or try and find a space-based ORPG engine around.

@Robin:

> wat. You must have spent far too time watching people on here struggling with Guild systems because you have a very warped perspective of what's "hard" to program.
>
> Having movement in space is probably one of the easiest types of movements to program in. I did this in one of my first ever video game projects back when I was _10 years old._ It was easy in QBASIC and it's easy in VB6\. Having a basic understanding of acceleration and angles is all you need. Oh, and you need to know the basics of programming as well, which 90% of this community fails at.
>
> What makes it a hard job is having it work in an ORPG environment. For one the grid-based mapping system just wouldn't work at all and having players move around seamlessly on other people's screens with a high latency would be a real slut to handle.
>
> Anyway, Origins simply isn't designed for something like that. Go write your own game engine or try and find a space-based ORPG engine around.

All right, I'll try to find another engine.
Thank you for using your time.