Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need a bit help about compiling with VB6

Topaz Vito

Hello guys,

I just came here because i cant compile the EO engine with vb6\. Maybe i missed something… Vb still say MSCOMCTL.OCX count not be loaded.

There is apparently a problem with MSCOMCTL.OCX but I tryed many ways to make it work but it still doesnt :( ty microsoft.

I have vb6 entreprise edition,I installed eo runtime but dunno i keep trying to find a solution :/

My biggest problem is a really easy implementation (attack sprite with 2-3 sprites, so we can get too many animation for attacks depending of hability or just when player spam (like combo in some fight games)) but without compiling i cant do anything :(

So if someone can help me to make VB6 works or simply take 5-10 minutes to compile the new eo engine for me i congratz him in advance.

I dont know anything about visual basic (too old for me) but i can take a day for write the code part to make it works if someone can compile it for me.

I m on window7 (64bit) trying to compile the last EO 4.2.3  and i didnt tryed to install everything on a xp setup but can it resolve my problem ?

Ty for reads,

And sorry for my english but I dont like to use translator otherwise i cant practice ^^

The error seems to disappear after adding MSCOMCTL.OCX as component into VB6\. But now i get this another error wich say nothing and i can see that in my serverlog

Ligne 813: La classe MSComctlLib.ListView du contrôle lvwInfo n'est pas une classe de contrôle chargée.

Line 813 : The class MSComctlLib.ListView of lvwInfo control isnt a loaded control class

Rofl :(

still not work with my setup :(

I installed everything on a netbook with xp and it work like a charm :) but now i need to wait 20 minutes for compilling :D

I m gonna try to run it on VMware. I m pretty sure its about my w7 installation… Ill reply if something changes^^

Could you uninstall everything and try it like this?

* Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 from your control panel > windows update > installed updates
* Install VB6 as Administrator
* Install the EO Runtimes as Administrator
* Download a fresh copy of Eclipse's source code
* Open the freshly downloaded source

There's a high possibility that in mucking around with things you've managed to corrupt one of these, so it might help to just start over.

Hello guys,

First of all, thank you for your answers

> Could you uninstall everything and try it like this?
>
>  
>
> * Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 from your control panel > windows update > installed updates
> * Install VB6 as Administrator
> * Install the EO Runtimes as Administrator
> * Download a fresh copy of Eclipse's source code
> * Open the freshly downloaded source
>
> There's a high possibility that in mucking around with things you've managed to corrupt one of these, so it might help to just start over.

Ill try it when I m back but Im still thinking my w7 installation is broken :D do you guys set something when you install VB6 ? i can choose some options like activeX etc… i tryed to install them all each time ^^

> and if that dosnt work, drop me a pm, ill send you a collector and register program I wrote for my game's users. In actual fact, I'll post it on forums sometime today :)

Im gonna try to make it works otherwise Ill pm you, thank you.

The easiest way to install **Visual Basic 6** is to torrent a hacked installer, but I can't give you a link since it goes under piracy. **Microsoft**'s installer barely works anymore, you are better off legitly buying the software and installing it using an illegal means. That's if you care about abiding by copyright laws for outdated software.

Compiling is likely a problem with a problematic installation.

* Uninstall **Visual Basic 6**.
* Reboot.
* Run **CCleaner**.
* Reboot.
* Install **Visual Basic 6**.

If you have already uninstalled it, ensure to skin the first 2 steps.

When i have a problem with MSCOMCTL.OCX do this:

* Restart Windows

* Delete MSCOMCTL.OCX from syswow64 or system32 then

* MSCOMCTL.OCX put to main folder where u have a files project

* Run project and manually add "CTRL + U" lib MSCOMCTL.OCX 

That help me every time when i restart PC i need do this but after 4 hours fight it's the best solution for me at now :)

> Could you uninstall everything and try it like this?
>
>  
>
> * Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 from your control panel > windows update > installed updates
> * Install VB6 as Administrator
> * Install the EO Runtimes as Administrator
> * Download a fresh copy of Eclipse's source code
> * Open the freshly downloaded source
>
> There's a high possibility that in mucking around with things you've managed to corrupt one of these, so it might help to just start over.

Did it :/ i also uninstalled EO runtimes and try to reinstall :/ not working

> The easiest way to install **Visual Basic 6** is to torrent a hacked installer, but I can't give you a link since it goes under piracy. **Microsoft**'s installer barely works anymore, you are better off legitly buying the software and installing it using an illegal means. That's if you care about abiding by copyright laws for outdated software.
>
>  
>
> Compiling is likely a problem with a problematic installation.
>
> * Uninstall **Visual Basic 6**.
> * Reboot.
> * Run **CCleaner**.
> * Reboot.
> * Install **Visual Basic 6**.
>
>  
>
> If you have already uninstalled it, ensure to skin the first 2 steps.

I tryed but that dont work :/

I also have 3 copy of VB6\. Only one of them is legal but i have the same error on all versions. (they 2 seems to be the same as original)

> When i have a problem with MSCOMCTL.OCX do this:
>
>  
>
> * Restart Windows
>
> * Delete MSCOMCTL.OCX from syswow64 or system32 then
>
> * MSCOMCTL.OCX put to main folder where u have a files project
>
> * Run project and manually add "CTRL + U" lib MSCOMCTL.OCX 
>
>  
>
> That help me every time when i restart PC i need do this but after 4 hours fight it's the best solution for me at now :)

I did it too :/ i deleted all mscomctl.ocx  downloaded it again and not work.

when you say CTRL+U you mean adding a composant via the component tool in vb ? its ctrl+t no ?

when i try to add it manually it say  :

Object library not registered. 

I also tryed to regserv32 mscomctl.ocx (from syswow64 and system32). 

I dont understand ;( i m gonna probably doing it with a virtual machine… but i was on lot of forum and for lot of people these solutions works :(

Ill come back i lost 2 days on this :D i can loose 1 more no ? ^^