Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pixel Art For My Game

shado360

I have recently recruited a pixel artist, Nayte, and I want to show off his work.

Mock-Ups:

>! June 26, 2011
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/150fd26f1cbb95e4586ee9d1d88cb009.png)
>! June 30, 2011
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/46747bf86d401eaab0d9347ee4d6461a.PNG)
Note: we do not own the sprite, it's the Mack sprite.

C&C Please and Thanks!

I like the grass and sand, the stone tile however is very repetitive. You also have two stumps but the right one just looks like a version of the left one with less contrast and grey. you could make a transition between the cave entrance too. Trees seems very small and the shadow won't blend with the darker grass tile, the size might be what you are looking for but then you will need very tiny sprites.

So basically, fix stone and trees and make a transition to the and it will be awesome.

Thanks for your comment!

@Lukin:

> You also have two stumps but the right one just looks like a version of the left one with less contrast and grey.

This is a mock-up to show the tiles, they are basically variations for each tree, like the lighter one goes with  the lighter tree and the darker one goes with the darker tree.

The stumps look off I might try adding a little more to the tree on the top of the stump. The trees should be bigger in comparison to the sprites. The stone could use a revamp in the pattern. The grass tile and sand is nice but everything doesn't seem to fit together as a whole, everything seems too straight. I guess what I'm saying is the transition tiles could use variation. Instead of having the grass transition tile go –------- you could make it like ~~~~~ I'm not sure if I makes sense but yeah. Good luck!

Hey guys! Thanks for the C&C! :) Pain has been relaying it to me while I was at work and I'll get working on some better edits after I have a more complete tileset! Anything else, please let me know! :)

The stone path on the right I believe will be more used as a 'man made' path with a stone border, rather than be used as a grass underlay. This was just put together to show everything I have. I will have various trees, etc.

Again, thanks a ton! :)

Hello I have a few critiques.

![](http://i51.tinypic.com/htctg2.png)

1\. You should use a different color for the top of tree, probably should be darker than the grass. So it stands out in front of the grass. And the dark trunk compared to the top, doesn't go together at all
2\. Why are the cave walls so straight, it's alike bricks I think you should make it different, more like rocks..
3\. Same as with 2nd
4\. Isn't that a little too pale? Maybe contrast it a little, not too much though so it doesn't stand out more than player sprite.

That's about it, I like the game looks, but with those few fixes done I think it would look way better, hope I helped  ;)

Thanks a ton for the input dude! Don't take anything I say below disrespectfully, I don't want it to come off that way :p

As for the rocks, that's exactly what I was aiming for :p  I think Im more content with the rock on the lake more so than the cave, but I just wanted to get a base down so that mapping can begin for the game. Once it's done, I can always alter the minor details and not affect the mapping.

The stone has been completely redone, as I agree completely. That old one did look out of place, for sure.

I will be trying out various colours of trees once I get some more minor tiling done! :)

If I may ask though, which colour of tree stump do you believe fits the grass more? I want to say the brighter one does, but meanwhile the grey-er one's palette looks as if it fits more. Puts me in a rut! :p

Any thoughts?

Hey
I found some time and decided to help you out with a edit, and made a small tutorial too, hope you understand and hope it helps you out.

Here it is:
![](http://i53.tinypic.com/126da3d.png)

In the 1st box I was just showing that the dark brown trunk somewhat matches the sprite, and I put my edit in the 1st box so you can compare them
In the 2nd box I showed you palette mismatching in contrast between colors, and my fix on the same palette.
I think 3rd box doesn't need explanation xD

Looks awesome man! :) I have a new tree coming pretty soon as well. Been looking at some more tutorials as well on how to make them look like real trees haha. I'll let you know what I come up with, and I do love the palette you used for those trees.

Thanks dude :)

In the future, we may switch over, I have no clue haha. I don't really have a huge say in that, but I just assume if I had a quality-made sprite that fit the game, we may be able to use it.

And yeah! I do like the sprite, but I also love the 'washed out' feel of the tiles I have now. I'll give everything a shot as long as time persists :)

Thanks again guys.