Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pixel art

blkcrow

SJR Nailed it ^

Give it some sort of dynamic to make it pop out from it's background, and try not to use such vibrant and plain colours such as the red on the handle (unless you're going to mix it with other softer/darker colours.

Initially though, it's not a bad attempt at all :)

@Lightning:

> You can't expect everyone to like it. O_O

i dont expect him to like it but… am i the only one that sees the shading?

@S.J.R.:

> Read some tutorials like [this one](http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tuts/tsugumo/). You just made some common errors like using gradients.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

i didnt use gradients i made it all pixel by pixel with paint and if you look a bit closer you will see it
anyway thanks for the link

@Nayte:

> SJR Nailed it ^
>
> Give it some sort of dynamic to make it pop out from it's background, and try not to use such vibrant and plain colours such as the red on the handle (unless you're going to mix it with other softer/darker colours.
>
> Initially though, it's not a bad attempt at all :)

i didnt know how to do the shading in the handle so i didnt do it

@blkcrow:

> i dont expect him to like it but… am i the only one that sees the shading?

You are confusing shading with gradients.

@blkcrow:

> i didnt use gradients i made it all pixel by pixel with paint and if you look a bit closer you will see it
> anyway thanks for the link

It doesn't matter whether you did it manually or automatically, you just achieved a gradient effect.

Regards,
  Stephan.

You have done a gradient without thinking of how the blade is actually made, it is not just a normal flat blade on a sword, it has curves. so you should focus on where the blade starts to curve down to the edge and whatnot.

Made a short edit of your sword, it has selective outline to make it stand out, I also thought of how the sword is shaped.

![](http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo216/LukinT1/a8bb2f4cdd87378115b97517342fdd05.png)