Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 2.0] Advanced Doors, Keys, and Switches V3.0

RyokuHasu

It has been brought to my attention that i left out the most important part of the tut, the part that loads the doors when you log into the game.

the tut has been updated, here is the left out part:

Server side

In modPlayer

Find Sub JoinGame

add under ' Send some more little goodies, no need to explain these
```
Call SendDoors(index)

```

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.o… I'm not sure if it's because i did something wrong or you did. When some people say it works perfectly and some say they all have the same issue that kinda makes it hard to tell if there really is anything wrong with it.

Best I can say is try the Tutorial again.

well your not supposed to walk on the switch.  its a run up to and interact with type.  so set your blocks when mapping and it should work fine.

Even still O.o … I made it so it already block's movement on the switch... If the movement direction stuff was all copied right then that shouldn't be a problem...

I guess I'll re-read the code and look at it.

Ok, I found out the direction classes do not match, I am very sorry to those who i told "Do it again", I was wrong and just didn't have the time to look into it.

This also explains how some got it to work and some didn't.

I'll Fix this right away.

Ok i have patched the Player Move direction.

To fix your existing copy redo the PlayerMove sub on the server side.

@Whackeddie99: put your self in my position, a hand full of people are saying they have an error, the rest are not. what am I sposed to think? You would think that a few people copied it wrong, not that it was a conditional error.

@Ryoku:

> Ok i have patched the Player Move direction.
>
> To fix your existing copy redo the PlayerMove sub on the server side.
>
> * * *
>
> @Whackeddie99: put your self in my position, a hand full of people are saying they have an error, the rest are not. what am I sposed to think? You would think that a few people copied it wrong, not that it was a conditional error.

Alright sorry for the double post, but I understand and I have no problem with that Ryoku, but thank you for not ignoring my problem. Also: I tried the fix on the client and server version with the problem, and it didnt change anything when I walk on a door tile. I still get RTE 9 subscript out of range, and it highlights the same line.

okay… I think there is something missing from your code. First, on the admin panel, the door cmd (i named it cmdADoor), when you click it, it InitEditDoor or something like that, right? if i click that on my client, the game just exit, no error nor run time error,... So i went to the server and take a look at the code, in sub HandleEditDoor, you did not send back the data so i can't edit the door. And when i click on the door attribute, nothing came up (fradoor suppose to appear, but it didnt).

im using CS:DE btw

I probably failed at something even though i'm sure I did everything right. I managed to get the door attribute to work in the map editor, however, when I try to click the door editor on the Admin panel, it doesn't work. Any Ideas on why its not working, like an area of code I may have screwed up in?

Hi, I installed your system and I love it, I think in the future I'll get marry with it, but… It has a problem with me:
It says RT9 when I try to attack a door:
**If Doors(key).state = 0 Then**
The RTE is located here: Server Side>modPlayer>Sub CheckDoor(ByVal index As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long)
How can I fix that?
Thanks a lot. You'll receive the invitation for the marriage as soon as possible ! :D
Edit: I saw that the RTE is only when I attack and the door is LOCKED if it's unlocked, the door speak.

• 2 weeks later...