Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free Music Composition (temporarily closed)

togekite

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuff sounds great.

Game Name:  Currently none, we're still pretty far back in the production process
Game Genre:  Sci-Fi(To be precise, Star Wars)
Track Title:  Twin Suns or Binary Suns(It's likely to be the Theme)
Format: Midi
Tone:  Not exactly happy, but more like semi-energetic, a bit nostalgic, (I know it's kinda vague, but) epic, and I guess, a little bit war-like(I guess that would explain the type of drums?)
Details:  Definately have a bit of brass and strings in there, the French Horn should be in there, unless you absolutely hate the French Horn for some reason

I know it's a lot to ask, but judging by your other tracks, I know it'll be great :)

The other music all sounds ah-mazing :D

Game Name:  Secrets of Majilova
Game Genre:  Fantasy
Track Title:  Forest Light
Tone:  Sort of sad, but more nostalgic. Dreamlike maybe? Pro
Details: I'm thinking a bit of harp and strings? Should definitely be a slow paced song.

Thanks so much! <3

• 3 weeks later...
I understand why, read some of the people/requests being made. I can understand why he got discouraged. And yeah I'm a bit miffed that a game that I've been working on now won't have original music but people like "Tahnner" will. Idk, I guess I can see both sides :/

@Becky:

> I understand why, read some of the people/requests being made. I can understand why he got discouraged. And yeah I'm a bit miffed that a game that I've been working on now won't have original music but people like "Tahnner" will. Idk, I guess I can see both sides :/

Ironically I think I asked for the same piece both times.

@Azure:

> Ironically I think I asked for the same piece both times.

I wasn't referring to you asking for two at once. I was talking about the first requester. I realize that you made a request via PM. The fact that I lose track of the order requests come in is part of why it's difficult to do this. Tell you what: if you can show me graphics or some kind of story for your game through PM, I'll work on it. I want to know that the project has made enough progress to be including music. I'll skip through all the other requests to do yours and Becky's since you both made the effort to prove you care.

@Becky:

> I understand why, read some of the people/requests being made. I can understand why he got discouraged. And yeah I'm a bit miffed that a game that I've been working on now won't have original music but people like "Tahnner" will. Idk, I guess I can see both sides :/

PM me your game's story and graphics, and ill work on your track.

Hey togekite you know im always a fan of your work ^_^

Game Name: Midnight Essence
Game Genre: Fantasy
Track Title: Heaven's Portal
Tone: something dead but with a little bit of life.
Details: Basically this place is where the players go when they die. So I wanted something that ghosts appear with but also seemed like a place with a little life in it.

I always liked your music, only one whos made all the music to the game and of course your getting credit to all the music in the game ^_^

Hey, togekite, can I request another piece? If so…

Game Name: Iron Prelude
Game Genre: Fantasy
Track Title: Fyra Shore
Format: .ogg
Tone: Something a bit like Dragon Quest 9's ship theme ( [Here](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3CC_4Z8Zqs) ), but with steel pans. It's a beach, that is close to a town, graveyard, and a maze-like forest, and also where players first start, so something introducing, but lets them know of the nearby danger.
Details: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,72667.msg780066.html#msg780066

@7:

> Hey, togekite, can I request another piece? If so…
>
> Game Name: Iron Prelude
> Game Genre: Fantasy
> Track Title: Fyra Shore
> Format: .ogg
> Tone: Something a bit like Dragon Quest 9's ship theme ( [Here](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3CC_4Z8Zqs) ), but with steel pans. It's a beach, that is close to a town, graveyard, and a maze-like forest, and also where players first start, so something introducing, but lets them know of the nearby danger.
> Details: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,72667.msg780066.html#msg780066

I dont need the youtube link. I listen to DQ music all the time, and I've been playing DQ IX for the past week XD

@LemonDoggy:

> Game Name: Darkest Hour
> Game Genre:Demon Hunting - Fantasy
> Track Title: The Darkest Hour *Theme*
> Format: Midi
> Tone: something dark but also a little scary.
> Details: It's about growing up in a peaceful village. Then the world suddenly changing. God leaving humanity ect. The song really needs to have some feel and emotion 2 it. Great work so far! Thanks ;)

do you have a pixel artist yet? I can't add you to the queue until you have one and programmer (if you had the chance to read my rules)

@LemonDoggy:

> Ehh sorry it's 6am here. I'll just edit it to say how good your work is :)

If you're genuinely interested in your request, but don't have a full team yet, I've added an amendment that stipulates that I will add your request to a separate queue that I only start working through when other requests are finished. Would you like to be added to that?

I have a tiny request. You have all my info in your pm's so I'll just give the part you need. Please take your time about doing this one, as it hasn't been too long since my last request, and I know how busy you are. Once again thank you so much for your positive attitude and good work.

Track Title: Main Menu
Format: Mp3
Tone: bubbly, but subtle, like that of flowing water near a waterfall. As a bit of a reference track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72zr1S8Znfw
Details: It's for a main menu so it doesn't have to be long, and should be easily looped.