Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

â—‹â—‹ The Enchanter's Soul â—‹â—‹

SawQuart

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/b31e784c81c3369471bea744a9866f36.png)

**Intro**
I've decided to start game again! After 2 years of lurking around here, I decided I'd actually do something. This game was originally a Harry Potter game, but after some copyright issues, I decided on a different game. It is inspired by Harry Potter, but focuses more on creatures and exploration.

**Unique Features**
-Around 30+ Spells
-Huge World
-Team up with friends and battle creatures in the forest
-Will Power
-Pets
-Diagonal Spells

**Graphics**
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/fe6150d9d19b0995a8fba3ab9de3dcc3.PNG)

**Development**
I'm looking for a:
-Programmer [0/1]

_I wont be programming myself until I get VB6\. *hint*hint*_

>! –July 24, 2011--
![](http://www.loogix.com/img/res/1/3/1/1/5/8/13115823622746983.gif)
>! –July 25, 2011--
Thanks to Sauros for the banner!
>! --July 26, 2011--
Game idea changed because of copyright.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~~_More Screenshots:_~~

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/c1d921b9aebf8f5aff50c4e2af4b0feb.PNG)

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/7013a93ec8f7f0d01d14afe9b07c6352.PNG)

graphics no longer in game

@Navi:

> Or at least the ripped tiles that they used on the GBA games… ;)

Holy crap… they have a GBA game for this? *quickly rushes over to look at graphics*

@Kusy:

> HP game won't work for shit without Custom Stuff. Come on… that's suposed to be  Diagon Alley?

I'm working on the custom stuff. Breeze doesn't even have a castle tileset, so I'll need to make a _ton_ of graphics. Diagon Alley is temporary for now.

@Drakiac:

> OK Jungle, my game versus yours :P

lol. I want to challenge each other into making new and better things, so I hope this works out!

@Rawrz:

> I vote Drakiac because of the tilesets. Breeze doesn't work with HP.

Breeze colors work perfectly for what I'm trying to accomplish. I don't want a dark themed Dungeon Crawler, but rather a happier setting with lots of fun games and features. You'll see as the game progresses.

@M:

> Jungle has my vote, i hate HP at all, but it looks more proffesional for me :>

Thanks! My other goal with this is to reach out to non-Harry Potter fans, just like a couple of Pokemon games have done to me. I hate Pokemon, but some of the Pokemon games here are so amazing that I had to try them. That's what I'm trying to accomplish.

With that said, I'm going to switch the perception of Diagon Alley. Instead of walking sideways down it, you'll walk vertically. I'm counting on everyone to give me feedback. This is my first fan game, so I need feedback from the fans of course!

EDIT:
Created a girl Hufflepuff sprite (ignore the weird movement it has; it won't have it ingame):
![](http://www.loogix.com/img/res/1/3/1/1/5/8/13115823622746983.gif)

Don't rip the game boy games. It doesn't look too good. Jungle, You can make a sprite, just draw the tilesets. You don't necesairly have to pixel them. Just do something original and it will already place you higher than most games made with Eclipse.

I'd like to see a game with shitty pixeled graphics way more than another one with some RPG maker or ripped ones.

@Rawrz:

> I vote Drakiac because of the tilesets. Breeze doesn't work with HP.

And by that you imply that he's not using some poopy graphics taken from somewhere else?
No offense Drakiac.

@Kusy:

> Don't rip the game boy games. It doesn't look too good. Jungle, You can make a sprite, just draw the tilesets. You don't necesairly have to pixel them. Just do something original and it will already place you higher than most games made with Eclipse.

Yeah, I won't rip anything. After I talked with you I realized that my old tiles wouldn't cut it. I'm keeping the original world map tiles, but I'm trying something completely new with the regular tileset. Diagon Alley is just too hard to do with the original Breeze tiles, and I assume Hogwarts would be hell without customs.

I don't like to call myself a pixel artist, but I'll try.

You do realize this is illegal to do without direct permission from J.K Rowling and her publisher(s).
And also very wrong to slop something crappy like Example:those graphics and call it the Orpg version of one of the greatest fictional worlds ever created. J.K Rowling created one of the most lively worlds ever created, if not the most. You cant just wake up one morning and say "I think i will make a Harry Potter game today". Even the harry potter games that they have created in the past from the movies did not give the same feeling as the harry potter books, and the reason is that the only person, in my opinion that can take the harry potter world and put it into a game would be J.K Rowling. And im not too sure she know's how to code….
Anyways what i am saying is not too insult J.K Rowling and everything she created with somthing as generic as this. Even if it will never reach lands outside this topic.

Regards,
GKO

@GKO:

> You do realize this is illegal to do without direct permission from J.K Rowling and her publisher(s).
> And also very wrong to slop something crappy like Example:those graphics and call it the Orpg version of one of the greatest fictional worlds ever created. J.K Rowling created one of the most lively worlds ever created, if not the most. You cant just wake up one morning and say "I think i will make a Harry Potter game today". Even the harry potter games that they have created in the past from the movies did not give the same feeling as the harry potter books, and the reason is that the only person, in my opinion that can take the harry potter world and put it into a game would be J.K Rowling. And im not too sure she know's how to code….
> Anyways what i am saying is not too insult J.K Rowling and everything she created with somthing as generic as this. Even if it will never reach lands outside this topic.
>
> Regards,
> GKO

GKO um don't you think that is a little harsh.I mean i agree with you to an extent, but you didn't have to go and write a whole paragraph saying it's a disgrace to the series and it's illegal.just straight out say it.

@GKO:

> You do realize this is illegal to do without direct permission from J.K Rowling and her publisher(s).
> And also very wrong to slop something crappy like Example:those graphics and call it the Orpg version of one of the greatest fictional worlds ever created. J.K Rowling created one of the most lively worlds ever created, if not the most. You cant just wake up one morning and say "I think i will make a Harry Potter game today". Even the harry potter games that they have created in the past from the movies did not give the same feeling as the harry potter books, and the reason is that the only person, in my opinion that can take the harry potter world and put it into a game would be J.K Rowling. And im not too sure she know's how to code….
> Anyways what i am saying is not too insult J.K Rowling and everything she created with somthing as generic as this. Even if it will never reach lands outside this topic.
>
> Regards,
> GKO

You write like a moron.  You could said most of that in a mere two sentences.

@GKO:

> I was trying to practice my writing skills, for the opening essay in school.
> Also posted a harsh yet long post on runescape 5 seconds before.
>
> Regards,
> GKO

If you need to write an essay then do so. Hate posts on a forum about a subject that's public knowledge are pretty useless. I am 'very' sure Jungle knows that the distribution of any fan material without the permission of the original content owner is illegal.

1.It's called the wizarding world, not the 'Magical world'
2.you're using inquisitor's overworld sets wrong.  You're supposed to custom assemble cities in paint with the stand alone houses he provided.  I mean, you don't have to do that with every village, but maybe do it for London since it's probably going to be the most important city in the game.

Now, this may be helpful: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index-2.html  I've found it's full of information, some of it never seen elsewhere.

Best of luck.  I sincerely hope you can do this right.

@GKO:

99% of games on Eclipse are illegal in some ways, including yours since it uses RMXP graphics. Thousands of Harry Potter games have been created by fans, and Rowling hasn't gone after them. She has specifically stated _numerous_ times that she loves what the fans are doing with her story. I don't plan on making money off of this, and since there aren't any other **paid and licensed** Harry Potter ORPGs out there, I see no conflicts. Get the hell out of my thread with your false shit.

@GKO:

> And also very wrong to slop something crappy like Example:those graphics and call it the Orpg version of one of the greatest fictional worlds ever created. J.K Rowling created one of the most lively worlds ever created, if not the most.

Crappy graphics?! You're game uses RMXP! The reason I chose HP is because it has the best story line ever and because the world was vividly written out by Rowling. I love Harry Potter, so I created a game about it. It's better than making some crappy fantasy game nobody will ever play.

@GKO:

> You cant just wake up one morning and say "I think i will make a Harry Potter game today".

That's exactly why I've been planning it out for a month now…

@GKO:

> Even the harry potter games that they have created in the past from the movies did not give the same feeling as the harry potter books

Everyone gets a different feel from a book. A lot of people didn't like the movies/games because it didn't give the same feel as their interpretation of the book. I'm making this game because I have my own interpretations which I would love to share.

@GKO:

> in my opinion that can take the harry potter world and put it into a game would be J.K Rowling.

Yes, just because Rowling is an expert video game designer…

@GKO:

> Anyways what i am saying is not too insult J.K Rowling and everything she created with somthing as generic as this.

How is this ducking generic at all!? YOU ARE USING RMXP GRAPHICS IN YOUR GAME. I am not. I also am going to add lots of feature once I get VB6, so there is no way that you can classify this as generic thus far.

@GKO:

> Even if it will never reach lands outside this topic.

I've been at Eclipse for 3 years. I don't need some 12 year old idiot coming along saying that he knows how to make a better game than me. I have the expertise; you do not. My first game was just like yours, RMXP and all. After I got halfway through I realized how bad it was.

@Jungle:

> 99% of games on Eclipse are illegal in some ways, including yours since it uses RMXP graphics. Thousands of Harry Potter games have been created by fans, and Rowling hasn't gone after them. She has specifically stated _numerous_ times that she loves what the fans are doing with her story. I don't plan on making money off of this, and since there aren't any other **paid and licensed** Harry Potter ORPGs out there, I see no conflicts. Get the hell out of my thread with your false shit.
> Crappy graphics?! You're game uses RMXP! The reason I chose HP is because it has the best story line ever and because the world was vividly written out by Rowling. I love Harry Potter, so I created a game about it. It's better than making some crappy fantasy game nobody will ever play.
> That's exactly why I've been planning it out for a month now…
> Everyone gets a different feel from a book. A lot of people didn't like the movies/games because it didn't give the same feel as their interpretation of the book. I'm making this game because I have my own interpretations which I would love to share.
> Yes, just because Rowling is an expert video game designer...
> How is this ducking generic at all!? YOU ARE USING RMXP GRAPHICS IN YOUR GAME. I am not. I also am going to add lots of feature once I get VB6, so there is no way that you can classify this as generic thus far.
> I've been at Eclipse for 3 years. I don't need some 12 year old idiot coming along saying that he knows how to make a better game than me. I have the expertise; you do not. My first game was just like yours, RMXP and all. After I got halfway through I realized how bad it was.

jungle i agree with hime to a point the fact that it is illegal but pfft i don't care it's not going to the public it's going to the forums and i hope your game goes very good

Anyone using anyone else's graphics without permission or credit is technically breaking the law.

It's officially against the ToS of the RPG Maker RTP to use their graphics in anything other than RPG Maker.

Most of you are doing something that's technically 'illegal'. Stop throwing the term around so half-arsed.

Unenforced laws are as good as having no laws.

Also, stop talking to someone who's banned.

@Robin:

> Anyone using anyone else's graphics without permission or credit is technically breaking the law.
>
> It's officially against the ToS of the RPG Maker RTP to use their graphics in anything other than RPG Maker.
>
> Most of you are doing something that's technically 'illegal'. Stop throwing the term around so half-arsed.
>
> Unenforced laws are as good as having no laws.
>
> Also, stop talking to someone who's banned.

sorry about using the word illegal half-arsed it's not my fault i'm 13

@Skull:

> 1.It's called the wizarding world, not the 'Magical world'
> 2.you're using inquisitor's overworld sets wrong.  You're supposed to custom assemble cities in paint with the stand alone houses he provided.  I mean, you don't have to do that with every village, but maybe do it for London since it's probably going to be the most important city in the game.
>
> Now, this may be helpful: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index-2.html  I've found it's full of information, some of it never seen elsewhere.
>
> Best of luck.  I sincerely hope you can do this right.

Wizarding World was just coined by Universal Studios, and isn't mentioned at all in the book. I want to call it the "Magical World" because it seems better for me. Thanks for the tip with _theinquisitor's_ tileset. I'll go make it right now.

The game isn't going to take place much in London for now, but I'll still update it.

@Axis:

> jungle i agree with hime to a point the fact that it is illegal but pfft i don't care it's not going to the public it's going to the forums and i hope your game goes very good

Well I am going to release it to the public. If it gets shut down, then so be it. If I was Rowling, I would love to have a game made after a story I created. I'm not even sure if what I'm doing is illegal, and I don't give a damn if it is.

@Robin:

> Anyone using anyone else's graphics without permission or credit is technically breaking the law.
>
> It's officially against the ToS of the RPG Maker RTP to use their graphics in anything other than RPG Maker.
>
> Most of you are doing something that's technically 'illegal'. Stop throwing the term around so half-arsed.
>
> Unenforced laws are as good as having no laws.
>
> Also, stop talking to someone who's banned.

Thank you Robin…